First Solar
www.firstsolar.com Tempe, AZ 5000+ Employees

A company growing back to peak

Database Administrator (Current Employee)
Perrysburg, OH

I have been working at First Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsCurrently the solar industry is growing through rough phase and FSLR is no excuse and it believes in what it is doing. I think it is growing back to its peak time.

ConsEmployees work should be more aggressive. sometime it takes long time to get things done. it need to find more innovative ways to get things efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing good job, keep recognizing the employees and they will do their best.

Entrepreneurial opportunity - second time around!

Manager (Current Employee)
Perrysburg, OH

I have been working at First Solar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: High caliber associates, "topgrading" hiring process, generally highly supportive culture. Leading company in unitlity-scale solar electric plants (own 67% of the 100MW+ market). Innovation leader… Cons: Significant risk from several factors: Chinese competition (with deep pockets… Advice to Senior Management: Prompt internal communications during reorganizations. Be more open with associates on real risks & promises, so… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Solar sector is in a slump

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I worked at First Solar

Pros: If you want to make a positive difference in the… Cons: Management is foundering - and it doesn't look like improvements… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on First Solar.

Worked for First Solar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Solar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Solar CEO James A. Hughes. All reviews posted anonymously by First Solar employees.