First Student

www.firststudentinc.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for First Student

A growing company filling a need in a tough school environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at First Student

Pros

good organization for upward movement if you are dedicated and bring new ideas to an organization with a lot of old thinkling. If you do the right thing it will be recognized.

Cons

very little control of events that happen within your business unit in the field. very high visibility in the news media when you are providing pupil transportation.

Keep up the current initiatives of continuous improvement. This is a very exciting time to be in leadership at this organization.

139 Other Employee Reviews for First Student (View Most Recent)

Great training, good hours, no benifits, low wages yet fun, enjoyable Good Company.

Current Employee - School Bus Driver in Hesperia, CA
    Current Employee - School Bus Driver in Hesperia, CA

I have been working at First Student

Pros

Best training in the country! Training and fees paid by them. Flexible hours and time off. Wages are lower than average but not bad. Can work more if wanting. Summers off, weekends off, mid day off. Very good for parents who want to be home with your children. Management is welcoming, like one big family. Really enjoy coming to work most days.

Cons

Pay is lower than all other school bus drivers in California, possibly country. No benifits, Benifits offered cost your entire check. Some routes are only 4 hours a day. Union yard, means you pay union dues and get none of the traditional teamster benifits. Union is in active on this yard. Special treatment given to the "pets".

Give us better more affordable benifits. Raise our pay to match the rest of California, give us a reason to stay. Supply us with better, safer, more reliable buses! We are one of the best First Student yards, show us how much you appreciate us.

Beyond one could ask for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at First Student

Pros

The combination of upward mobility and benefits make you feel important to the company.

Cons

Having to work long hours on 80/70 week can be annoying.

Allow a 30 minute lunch break rather than a 30 minute one.

There are newer employer reviews for First Student