First Transit
www.firsttransit.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Lots of rules....to keep you safe?

Driver (Former Employee)
Blaine, MN

I worked at First Transit full-time for less than a year

ProsTons of hours, if I wanted them. They paid time and a half, which was nice, and they offered benefits, which I didn't need at the time. Despite the cons, I enjoyed the work, and would work for them again if I needed employment.

ConsLots of hours forced on you (6 days a week standard, 8-10 hour days). Tons of rules surrounding "safety." Always wear your traffic vest. Back your car into the parking spot in the parking lot. If you're seen on your cell phone while driving IN YOUR PERSONAL CAR in the parking lot, you'll be fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand you're a large company and that you're concerned about liability, but there comes a point where you are treating the employees like children, instead of allowing us to make responsible decisions ourselves.

What a Joke of a job,payrate,and management

Customer Service/Dispatcher (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at First Transit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I had made good friends with co-workers Cons: All the management was in competiton and most of them had no high school diplomas,when they started the… Advice to Senior Management: Step your game up ,because the contract might not get renewed… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Driver

Driver (Current Employee)
Nashua, NH

I have been working at First Transit full-time for more than a year

Pros: Get to drive around town and get paid for it. Cons: Worry about losing your job. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your drivers, they are your sales force of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on First Transit.

Worked for First Transit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Transit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Transit CEO Brad Thomas. All reviews posted anonymously by First Transit employees.