First Transit

www.firsttransit.com

Suburban Location

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Glen Ellyn, IL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Glen Ellyn, IL

Pros

Fun Place to work
Easy low level positions
Relaxed setting, Helpful staff that helped the day go by a lot of talking throughout the day

Cons

It was very family dominated
Seemed like some management were not all that well prepared
Staff were mostly lower educated and knew as much as was told to them in training.

Structure in the sites, Better interviews when looking to hire candidates. If there is talent just don't let it walk out the door. Whether it is an intern or a lower level employee.

Other reviews for First Transit

What a Joke of a job,payrate,and management

Former Employee - Customer Service/Dispatcher  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Dispatcher in Denver, CO

Pros

I had made good friends with co-workers

Cons

All the management was in competiton and most of them had no high school diplomas,when they started the positions in the beginning of their "careers" so they worked there way up to the positions there in now.

Step your game up ,because the contract might not get renewed for another five years ,that's why Project manager left for another company.

Lots of rules....to keep you safe?

Former Employee - Driver  in  Blaine, MN
    Former Employee - Driver in Blaine, MN

Pros

Tons of hours, if I wanted them. They paid time and a half, which was nice, and they offered benefits, which I didn't need at the time. Despite the cons, I enjoyed the work, and would work for them again if I needed employment.

Cons

Lots of hours forced on you (6 days a week standard, 8-10 hour days). Tons of rules surrounding "safety." Always wear your traffic vest. Back your car into the parking spot in the parking lot. If you're seen on your cell phone while driving IN YOUR PERSONAL CAR in the parking lot, you'll be fired.

I understand you're a large company and that you're concerned about liability, but there comes a point where you are treating the employees like children, instead of allowing us to make responsible decisions ourselves.

There are newer employer reviews for First Transit.

Worked for First Transit? Contribute to the Community!