FirstCare Health Plans

www.firstcare.com

Convoluted Company

Administrative (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsNice coworkers, nice environment, employees are paid fairly and competitively in comparison to the same position within similar positions within the same type of industry.

ConsToo much emphasis on cross training, at least within the group of temp employees. Talent, resources and skills of employees are diluted by this over emphasis. "Jack of all trades, master at none" sums up the culture of Firstcare.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your strategy and if you must retain the idea of cross training your employees, then do it wisely and sparingly. Your company would benefit more by promoting stability and productivity within your employees by allowing them to stay in one job role. This way the greatest level of productivity and accuracy would be achieved by each employee within their particular role, thus benefiting your company as a whole.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at FirstCare Health Plans

Pros: Great People, Great Teams, wonderful experience Cons: Can have disorder at times, lots of change going on. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Laid back work environment and friendly co-workers

COB Department (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at FirstCare Health Plans full-time for less than a year

Pros: This is a relatively small company, so you get to know alot of the people you work around. The pay is pretty good considering the… Cons: Communication is a little rough. Sometimes it's hard to understand what another department is asking of you. The work gets to be very repetitive, and… Advice to Senior Management: Like they fact that there are all employee meetings on occasion to update everyone about the progress of the company. Try and get employees more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on FirstCare Health Plans.

Worked for FirstCare Health Plans? Contribute to the Community!