FirstCare Health Plans
www.firstcare.com Austin, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Convoluted Company

Administrative (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsNice coworkers, nice environment, employees are paid fairly and competitively in comparison to the same position within similar positions within the same type of industry.

ConsToo much emphasis on cross training, at least within the group of temp employees. Talent, resources and skills of employees are diluted by this over emphasis. "Jack of all trades, master at none" sums up the culture of Firstcare.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your strategy and if you must retain the idea of cross training your employees, then do it wisely and sparingly. Your company would benefit more by promoting stability and productivity within your employees by allowing them to stay in one job role. This way the greatest level of productivity and accuracy would be achieved by each employee within their particular role, thus benefiting your company as a whole.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at FirstCare Health Plans

Pros: Great People, Great Teams, wonderful experience Cons: Can have disorder at times, lots of change going on. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worst Company I've Ever Worked For

Claims Analyst (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at FirstCare Health Plans as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: There are a very select group of people there that can be trusted and that will not call you stupid for asking a question about… Cons: Management doesn't have any control over what is going on. There is no real management established in the claims department. Lack of communication:… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the ideas the analyst have to offer. Improve your communication skills: listen to all questions that everyone asks, do not tell anyone… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on FirstCare Health Plans.

Worked for FirstCare Health Plans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FirstCare Health Plans reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FirstCare Health Plans CEO Darnell Dent . All reviews posted anonymously by FirstCare Health Plans employees.