FirstEnergy

www.firstenergycorp.com

If you are able to give a lot of your personal time to your job, then this job would be great for you!

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) West Akron, OH

ProsVery large company serving 6 different states, so there is definitely room for growth and job transfer if interested. Provides full comprehensive benefits package including company contributions to 401k, and tuition reimbursement. There is always work to do, a recession proof industry. Plenty of opportunity for overtime. Some departments offer 24 hour service availability and shift coverage.

ConsCustomer service reps are REQUIRED to be on-call (24/7) for a total of 6 weeks out of each year. Start pay does not closely match the responsibilities of the position. High demand on personal time (even when NOT on call) if there is a major outage condition. Higher than normal turn-over in call center staffing. Monthly cost for benefits for a family is too expensive to acquire on pay offered.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease start pay to assist in acquiring qualified candidates and aid in RETAINING existing employees. Try to offer a benefits package that is affordable based on pay being offered.

Ok to work for.

Customer Service (Former Employee) Reading, PA

I worked at FirstEnergy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good hours, overtime and decent working conditions. Cons: No job security and supervisors are a bit flaky at… Advice to Senior Management: Stop treating employees like pawns. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Benefits are Getting Worse

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Akron, OH

I worked at FirstEnergy full-time

Pros: Good health insurance, competitive salary, good working conditions. IT… Cons: The time to have started at FirstEnergy was a few decades ago. Old… Advice to Senior Management: No point - they won't listen. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on FirstEnergy.

Worked for FirstEnergy? Contribute to the Community!