There are newer employer reviews for FirstEnergy

Not for Everybody....

Former Contractor - Customer Service in Fairmont, WV
Former Contractor - Customer Service in Fairmont, WV

I worked at FirstEnergy as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The center itself was very nice and put together, training process was very nice as well, the money was fairly good plus if you want overtime and crave it, this would be the job for you. Plus, they will provide food for you if you have to stay over.

Cons

"You have to find a balance between your work and personal life" was a phrase I heard all of the time. I felt like the balance 70/30 with most of it going to work. They warn you overtime is going to be essential but a lot of people don't truly realize how required it is, plus they may call you in at 2am to assist with outages and if you don't go in, then they will mark it on record and they will basically make you out to be a bad employee.

Advice to Management

After talking to my current temp agency, a company who no longer wants to work with you, I find your policies for attendance, calling in employees, and firing people to be a joke (I was told people were fired for "asking too many questions" and "coming in to work sick" even though that person was afraid of being fired for NOT coming into work. Also, tell your supervisors to not demean someone for missing only TWO days of work over a four month period for very valid reasons.

reviews filtered by
  1. FirstEnergy is a reputable company with growth opportunities for those willing to work smart and hard.

Current Employee - Senior Distribution Engineer in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Distribution Engineer in Akron, OH

I have been working at FirstEnergy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

FirstEnergy has competitive benefits and they consistently pay out incentive compensation bonus.

Cons

FirstEnergy, like many utilities, is structured and does not allow much room for creativity.

Advice to Management

When employees are promoted out of order, or given preferential treatment, it is obvious to the rest of the Corporation, which takes the motivation and drive out of employees.

2. Security shift supervisor

Current Employee - Security Shift Supervisor in Oak Harbor, OH
    Current Employee - Security Shift Supervisor in Oak Harbor, OH

I have been working at FirstEnergy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Supervising people can bee rewarding and the money its great

Cons

No cons except favoritism among men.

Advice to Management

Be fair to all your workers. Don't reward employees using the good old boy approach.

There are newer employer reviews for FirstEnergy