FirstEnergy
www.firstenergycorp.com Akron, OH 5000+ Employees

Contractor = Minion

Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee)
Fairmont, WV

I have been working at FirstEnergy as a contractor for less than a year

ProsWork schedule 8am to 6pm, overtime is easily accessible, good on-site trainers, most co-workers were friendly/helpful

ConsEmployed as a contractor, 11.00/hr without benefits, time off, personal time, etc. First Energy only requires a 'warm body' to fill chairs. It makes little difference if you are college educated (I have a Bachelor's in Management) or how much professional work experience you possess. The hiring agency, as well as First Energy, will go on and on about how great it is to work here... $12.50/hr if you become a FE employee. From my experience, the turnover rate is astronomical, a complete disregard for quality employees, who provide quality customer service. Overall, management was terrible! If you needed assistance, it was difficult to find your assigned supervisor.
There is an ample amount of overtime offered. When overtime was required, they will call you at all hours, and if they are unable to reach you, hateful/irritated voicemails will be left. But, for all your hard work, they will reward you with an ice cream truck!
Here's an idea... Instead of childhood treats, pay a 'real world' wage, that would commiserate with education and experience. Thought this would be a great career path... such a disappointment!

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees and pay that is EQUAL to an individual's work experiences and educational background!

Not a good Culture to work and be happy in

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Akron, OH

I worked at FirstEnergy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good Pay and good Location. Cons: Culture leaves you questioning your decision to be employed there. Advice to Senior Management: Value your Employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

FirstEnergy

Programmer Analyst IV (Current Employee)
Akron, OH

I have been working at FirstEnergy for more than 10 years

Pros: good salary and benefits. Nice office space Cons: they are trying to do too much with too little.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on FirstEnergy.

Worked for FirstEnergy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FirstEnergy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FirstEnergy CEO Anthony J. Alexander. All reviews posted anonymously by FirstEnergy employees.