FirstEnergy
www.firstenergycorp.com Akron, OH 5000+ Employees

Heads buried like an ostrich

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Akron, OH

I worked at FirstEnergy

ProsIf you know how to play their game, you can succeed. I was told by co-workers that not all departments function the same and some are fair, but I never saw this during my time there.

ConsHard work does not always pay off. Management was too wrapped up in themselves to see the big picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your heads out of the sand and open your eyes. Notice what is going on in the department. There are good workers that are being ignored and poor workers that can shmooz and move up in the company.

Don't Work here

Nuclear Engineer (Current Employee)
Shippingport, PA

I have been working at FirstEnergy

Pros: You work with nice people, but career progression is difficult… Cons: Salary is poort, job is bad and dissatisfying. You will work on projects that have no impact. Cronyism is a big problem...Raises are… Advice to Senior Management: Do a good job. take feedback. Reward performance. Promote those that deserve it , not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good pay but management doesn't get it. Management gets promoted politically.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at FirstEnergy

Pros: pay, summer work schedule, work 4 9 hour days and… Cons: working 12 hours 6 days a week during the outage.… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up you let go of some of your best workers when there are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on FirstEnergy.

Worked for FirstEnergy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FirstEnergy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FirstEnergy CEO Anthony J. Alexander. All reviews posted anonymously by FirstEnergy employees.