There are newer employer reviews for FirstEnergy

Heads buried like an ostrich

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Akron, OH
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Akron, OH

I worked at FirstEnergy

Pros

If you know how to play their game, you can succeed. I was told by co-workers that not all departments function the same and some are fair, but I never saw this during my time there.

Cons

Hard work does not always pay off. Management was too wrapped up in themselves to see the big picture.

Get your heads out of the sand and open your eyes. Notice what is going on in the department. There are good workers that are being ignored and poor workers that can shmooz and move up in the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Don't Work here

Current Employee - Nuclear Engineer in Shippingport, PA
    Current Employee - Nuclear Engineer in Shippingport, PA

I have been working at FirstEnergy

Pros

You work with nice people, but career progression is difficult and the management team is extremrly incompetent and incapable.

Cons

Salary is poort, job is bad and dissatisfying. You will work on projects that have no impact. Cronyism is a big problem...Raises are 2% and this year, our pay was cut so alot of people have been leaving the company. In short, you will kill your career...

Do a good job. take feedback. Reward performance. Promote those that deserve it , not those that have been in the company for a billion years. The ship is sinking..

Good pay but management doesn't get it. Management gets promoted politically.

I worked at FirstEnergy

Pros

pay, summer work schedule, work 4 9 hour days and get every other Friday off.

Cons

working 12 hours 6 days a week during the outage. You may never get promoted to supervisor or manager.

Wake up you let go of some of your best workers when there are layoffs. Poor rated workers are still working and good rated workers out the door.

There are newer employer reviews for FirstEnergy