The worst place to work for Professional Engineers

Former Employee - Engineer
Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at FirstEnergy

Pros

Coworkers are nice and helpful.

Cons

The management and supervisors do not have technical understanding of engineering. The obsolete plant which will be shut down in near future. The plant has been runing by itself. The management does not understand the value of real works.

No advice is the best advice

Other Reviews for FirstEnergy

Overall, I am glad to have a job

I have been working at FirstEnergy

Pros

It has a competitive pay scale and good benefits. No overseas travel is required. Many good people work for this company.

Cons

It is a very political environment with obvious favoritism. Doing a good job does not necessarily equate to a raise or promotion.

Management should focus more on development and training of employees and managers. It seems there are many managers who do not know how to lead.

3 years In

I have been working at FirstEnergy

Pros

FirstEnergy allows a good balance between work / home when needed. Pay is competitive. There is a lot of freedom to do what you can, get the job donie the best way which makes it more enjoyable.

Cons

It is a very lareg company which sometimes makes you feel like a 'number' instead of a person. Sometimes I question the opportunity to advance,

Try to come 'down to the working persons level' once in a while. understand day to day jobs and what we actualy do...te 'physical labor' end of the company. Not bean counters

There are newer employer reviews for FirstEnergy.

Worked for FirstEnergy? Contribute to the Community!