FirstEnergy

www.firstenergycorp.com

Relocaters Beware

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brecksville, OH

ProsGood work environment, decent pay. The group I worked in was great. For the most part, not too much trouble in day to day work.

ConsUpper management not truthful about the state of the company. They relocate you, make you sign a contract to stay then lay you off before the contract ends. HR cannot be trusted. They will lie and tell you that they will pay to tie up your loose ends when you get laid off and renege at the last minute. I would not trust this company one bit. If you are very sick and have to go on medical, the company nurse will hound you and your doctor until you come back. It doesn't matter if you are getting paid or not. FMLA means nothing. Working storm can be a problem. You are expected to work 16 hours shifts with only 8 hours off. If you live further away, expect that to cut into your rest time. Also the company will send people off for public safety alone. Not a good thing because if something happens to you no one will know until you don't show up for work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't waste money relocating people when you know that you may lay off workers. It's a waste of the employees time as well as yours. Get rid of the HR people, they are very dishonest.

ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at FirstEnergy

Pros: same environment as everywhere else Cons: environment is not growth oriented More

Okay.

Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) Morristown, NJ

I have been working at FirstEnergy

Pros: People are nice over here. Cons: Lots of work to do. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on FirstEnergy.

Worked for FirstEnergy? Contribute to the Community!