FirstHealth of the Carolinas

Not bad....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pinehurst, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pinehurst, NC

I worked at FirstHealth of the Carolinas

Pros

Excellent benefits! Ok salary for the area. Management tries to make employees feel valued. Great educational opportunities.

Cons

Us vs. Them mentality when it comes to management and the worker bees.

Get rid of the "Leadership" model. It only divides.

9 Other Employee Reviews for FirstHealth of the Carolinas (View Most Recent)

Firsthealth of the Carolinas: A good place to practice nursing, but some changes should be made.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Pinehurst, NC
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Pinehurst, NC

I have been working at FirstHealth of the Carolinas

Pros

Safe environment to perform my duties as an RN. Good patient to nurse ratios. I do not feel as if my nursing license is in jeopardy most of the time. I believe that the lower level managers attempt to support the hourly staff in most circumstances.

Cons

Money not as good as other hospitals in our region. Comparisons made for setting salaries by comparing FH only to rural, small hospitals in our region and not to larger hospitals that provide the same levels of care that we do. Also, I believe the nursing upper management is not strong and therefore not highly valued or recognized by top Corporation executives. We need stronger and more forceful nursing VP to represent nursing interest in the company.

Nursing is the core of our company. Although I believe our senior management has there hearts in the right place and wants to do the right thing, I believe nursing considerations are vastly undervalued in there planning and thinking. Nursing turnover cost the company so much in so many ways, yet it is huge every year because the correct resources are not placed in the right places. Seek nursing management that will challange your thinking and not just go along with it.

Overall a very good place to work

I worked at FirstHealth of the Carolinas

Pros

Great community to live in, great people to work with, plenty of training available and tuition assistance, fair performance evaluations

Cons

Small town, have to travel an hour to get benefits of larger city, not-for-profit but run like for-profit, employees seem to wonder about huge expenditures for campus expansion simultaneous with reductions in benefits or tightening up of policies.

Consider employee satisfaction as an asset to be invested in, overall upper management seems in tune and able to keep organization healthy and competitive

There are newer employer reviews for FirstHealth of the Carolinas