There are newer employer reviews for FirstMerit

Sold Credit Card Processing

Former Employee - Commercial Bankcard Consultant  in  Akron, OH
Former Employee - Commercial Bankcard Consultant in Akron, OH

I worked at FirstMerit

Pros

Originally, this was an excellent company - we had a very local focus, and made sure we always put the customers first. After new management bought several branches in Chicago, a slide began away from that.

Cons

Originally, this was an excellent company - we had a very local focus, and made sure we always put the customers first. After new management bought several branches in Chicago, a slide began away from that - there was much more of a bottom line drive than there had been previously.

35 Other Employee Reviews for FirstMerit (View Most Recent)

A low pressure environment that is heavy in customer service.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at FirstMerit

Pros

First Merit offers a training course and is a nice low pressure environment to work at if that is what you are looking for.

Cons

Software is a bit obsolete. Very high amount of turnover coupled with poor transparency some members of the management can be frustrating.

While my employment was an overall pleasant experience, I greatly would have appriciated more transparency in regards to my job and what plans were laid for me.

Working at a Neighborhood Bank

Former Employee - Back Up Teller  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Back Up Teller in Cleveland, OH

I worked at FirstMerit

Pros

Employees are nice, they treat you with respect and make you feel a part of the team. Great place to work.

Cons

First Merit bank is a small neighborhood bank. There is not a lot of opportunity to move up in the corporation unless you live in Akron. People dont tend to leave their positions there to allow new openings

I like how the management throughout the corporation make you feel special. They are there to help build you and make their team stronger.

There are newer employer reviews for FirstMerit

Worked for FirstMerit? Contribute to the Community!