FirstMerit
www.firstmerit.com Akron, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Sold Credit Card Processing

Commercial Bankcard Consultant (Former Employee)
Akron, OH

ProsOriginally, this was an excellent company - we had a very local focus, and made sure we always put the customers first. After new management bought several branches in Chicago, a slide began away from that.

ConsOriginally, this was an excellent company - we had a very local focus, and made sure we always put the customers first. After new management bought several branches in Chicago, a slide began away from that - there was much more of a bottom line drive than there had been previously.

A low pressure environment that is heavy in customer service.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

I worked at FirstMerit

Pros: First Merit offers a training course and is a nice low pressure… Cons: Software is a bit obsolete. Very high amount of turnover coupled… Advice to Senior Management: While my employment was an overall pleasant experience, I greatly would have appriciated… More

Working at a Neighborhood Bank

Back Up Teller (Former Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

I worked at FirstMerit

Pros: Employees are nice, they treat you with respect and make you… Cons: First Merit bank is a small neighborhood bank. There is not a lot of opportunity to move up in… Advice to Senior Management: I like how the management throughout the corporation make you feel special.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on FirstMerit.

Worked for FirstMerit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FirstMerit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FirstMerit CEO Paul G. Greig. All reviews posted anonymously by FirstMerit employees.