There are newer employer reviews for FirstMerit

I love my job and my employer, I've never been happier at work

Current Employee - Senior Banking Assistant in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Senior Banking Assistant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at FirstMerit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My co-workers are spectacular, they have a knack for hiring just the right people for the job.

Cons

We have a tendency to get wrapped up in the process and procedure rather than the customer experience, it can be hard to convince a customer that we are the best bank to work with when we can't get out of our own way sometimes.

Continue to take notice of the employees who do a good job, a little recognition can go a long way in employee retention. A happy employee will lead to happy customers.

37 Other Employee Reviews for FirstMerit (View Most Recent)

Sold Credit Card Processing

Former Employee - Commercial Bankcard Consultant in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Commercial Bankcard Consultant in Akron, OH

I worked at FirstMerit

Pros

Originally, this was an excellent company - we had a very local focus, and made sure we always put the customers first. After new management bought several branches in Chicago, a slide began away from that.

Cons

Originally, this was an excellent company - we had a very local focus, and made sure we always put the customers first. After new management bought several branches in Chicago, a slide began away from that - there was much more of a bottom line drive than there had been previously.

A low pressure environment that is heavy in customer service.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at FirstMerit

Pros

First Merit offers a training course and is a nice low pressure environment to work at if that is what you are looking for.

Cons

Software is a bit obsolete. Very high amount of turnover coupled with poor transparency some members of the management can be frustrating.

While my employment was an overall pleasant experience, I greatly would have appriciated more transparency in regards to my job and what plans were laid for me.

There are newer employer reviews for FirstMerit