There are newer employer reviews for FirstMerit

sales sales sales customer service non existant

Former Employee - Universal Banker  in  Aurora, IL
Former Employee - Universal Banker in Aurora, IL

I worked at FirstMerit full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Close to my home. Really that is it.

Cons

We are nothing but your G number. You are expected to sell sell sell, but your products are the worst. I have 16 yrs banking experience.this is by far the worst company I ever worked for. Could not give your employees a increase but managment did. My branch manager was clueless, she thought calling people honey would get her by and it worked. Teller system is ancient update!!!!!

Get a clue! appreciate your staff and your branches are vacant. Staff your branches.

35 Other Employee Reviews for FirstMerit (View Most Recent)

I love my job and my employer, I've never been happier at work

Current Employee - Senior Banking Assistant  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Banking Assistant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at FirstMerit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My co-workers are spectacular, they have a knack for hiring just the right people for the job.

Cons

We have a tendency to get wrapped up in the process and procedure rather than the customer experience, it can be hard to convince a customer that we are the best bank to work with when we can't get out of our own way sometimes.

Continue to take notice of the employees who do a good job, a little recognition can go a long way in employee retention. A happy employee will lead to happy customers.

Sold Credit Card Processing

Former Employee - Commercial Bankcard Consultant  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Commercial Bankcard Consultant in Akron, OH

I worked at FirstMerit

Pros

Originally, this was an excellent company - we had a very local focus, and made sure we always put the customers first. After new management bought several branches in Chicago, a slide began away from that.

Cons

Originally, this was an excellent company - we had a very local focus, and made sure we always put the customers first. After new management bought several branches in Chicago, a slide began away from that - there was much more of a bottom line drive than there had been previously.

There are newer employer reviews for FirstMerit

Worked for FirstMerit? Contribute to the Community!