FirstMerit
www.firstmerit.com Akron, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

The grass may look greener, until you get close enough to see...

Customer Service (Current Employee)

Prosfull time, pleasant co-workers, weekly to bi-weekly updates on personal stats

Consnon-flexible schedule, stronger focus on stats than customer service

Advice to Senior Management-I wish upper management would realize that we are still a local (midsized) bank that does not provide big bank amenities, so we need to rely on providing great customer service. There is a strong focus on meeting strict stat requirements and what I feel is rushing a customer off of the phone than truly providing the great customer service that the customer needs. Many times, this results in customer call backs that ultimately hurt the call center's overall numbers.
-I wish management would have some form of interest in keeping employees satisfied. Many problems come within scheduling. There is little to no interest in accommodating individuals with priorities outside of FirstMerit. Do not view this as a rant, but useful knowledge for individuals looking to apply for an inbound customer service rep at FirstMerit. If you wish to go to college, or have medical needs, or family needs, you will be told that FirstMerit is to come first and that you are to schedule you're other needs around FirstMerit.

Qualifications won't do anything for you if Management doesn't love you

Teller Supervisor/CRSIII (Former Employee)

I worked at FirstMerit full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good work schedule Flexible PTO HR holds people responsible even if upper… Cons: -Pay is far below industry standard -No matter how well you perform at your job, you'll be pushed out if your District Manager doesn't like you -Incredibly… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees like qualified professionals, not poorly-paid mercenaries to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

New to Chicagoland area, nearly impossible to advance career

I have been working at FirstMerit

Pros: Better than working for a larger bank such as bank of america. Goals that are set are not… Cons: Nearly impossible to advance your career. There are no openings… Advice to Senior Management: District managers should learn how to be a manager. People… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on FirstMerit.

Worked for FirstMerit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FirstMerit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FirstMerit CEO Paul G. Greig. All reviews posted anonymously by FirstMerit employees.