FirstMerit

www.firstmerit.com

The Big Little Bank

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe bank is pretty stable and its conservative lending has sheltered it from the brunt of the mortgage meltdown. It is aggressively expanding into new markets. The bank is growing, but is not so large that everyone is just a number.

ConsBecause of the way the company is expanding management and company vision is disjointed. There are conflicting expectations from various levels of management. In many ways the bank is stuck between acting like one of the big boys and retaining its small bank values. For the most part this chaos does not work.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind one united goal and stick to it. Changing direction every few months makes employees very confused and does not help establish a corporate identity.

Ok company

I have been working at FirstMerit

Pros: easy company to work for Cons: no structure in the company Advice to Senior Management: get a clue No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at FirstMerit full-time

Pros: great co-workers, people are very friendly Cons: no organization, no accountability, need to update systems No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on FirstMerit.

Worked for FirstMerit? Contribute to the Community!