Fischer Homes

www.fischerhomes.com
  www.fischerhomes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fischer Homes

Fischer is a good company to work for a couple years, that's it, the raises stop and more work load.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crestview Hills, KY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crestview Hills, KY

I worked at Fischer Homes

Pros

Fischer homes is a good First job right out of school to get some job experience. Training is good.

Cons

Poor raises, poor salary compared to other companies, you just get a pat on the back, thanks good job keep up the good work, salary job they expect you to work a lot of free overtime

Give your employees raises, don't expect your salary employees to work over 40 hours per week if that's what there getting paid for.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Fischer Homes (View Most Recent)

Need a better culture

I have been working at Fischer Homes

Pros

The company is going to be a around for a long time because it is a very frugal company.

Cons

Pay below average per position. Needs major streamlining. Poor support and alot of departmental fingerpointing.

Balance cheap with smart buisness decisions. Work very hard on streamlining things and letting go of old habits.

Changed my life and career path in the best way imaginable.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fischer Homes full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Family environment with a focus on doing what's right instead of manipulating the numbers for a board. A very successful organization who is constantly looking to grow in other markets. They look to hire and develop their leaders within the organization, which benefits the employees opportunity to advance themselves. This company not only stayed alive during the recession, it grew through those times by expanding into 3 other markets. The recession was a horrible time for the building industry, but Fischer didn't just survive, it thrived.

Cons

Salary structure is not the highest, but the bonus structure is higher than the norm making the total compensation package possibility higher than the competition. Bonuses are not always easy to achieve. In my experience I have had successful experiences and some that were not the best. I also worked through the recession, so bonuses with tougher. Bonuses allow the employee the opportunity to choose their path. They can work more for a better reward with less work-life balance or not.

Management has changed and I still enjoy working for the new team. It would be nice to have a consistent direction from one leader to the next. The great part is that they will sit in a room and work through their differences.

There are newer employer reviews for Fischer Homes