Fiserv EFT Solutions

www.cardsolutions.fiserv.com

Very interesting company and primary focus.

Former Employee - Senior Risk Manager  in  Portland, OR
Former Employee - Senior Risk Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

Helping the customers succeed is of paramount importance.

Cons

Pay is lower than average.

Don't take credit for your employees work. Pass the credit / accolades around. Karma can be rough.

Other reviews for Fiserv EFT Solutions

Tales of a Card Services associate.

Current Employee - Card Services Associate  in  Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Card Services Associate in Dublin, OH

Pros

cafeteria plan, free use of gym, walking track, excellent amount of vacation time and sick pay

Cons

way business is conducted is "crisis management", will train you for as much as you want, be will not increase pay, micro manage call center associates, NO PERSONAL ITEMS ALLOWED ON DESKS...NOT YOUR SPOUSE OR DOG OR CHILDREN....NOTHING, very stressful business, management VERY weak at communication.

Treat associates like people, not machines, we didn't come to work in a factory. Please find better ways to communicate with associates, it causes so much frustration. Stop using the "crisis management" way.

it's been fun, frustrating and challenging...

Current Employee - Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

Fiserv has a lot of great individuals working here. They work hard at maintaining a decent workplace and keeping it real. There is a lot of work to be done and not enough people to do it, but they are also working on that. We are at a new level of competition which requires a new level of tools and skills. Not everyone will make the jump, but most will, if they are not too rooted in the bygone days. They have a lot of food celebrations plus a popcorn machine, and they provide weight watchers for free!! Something for everyone here. You can see their efforts and I think that proves they are listening and working towards fixing what they can.

Cons

There is an expectation of working longer hours on a regular basis and of being in contact by laptop or blackberry afterhours. I guess it's better than the alternative, especially during a down economy. They don't really support a work life balance in many areas, but there are also those areas that do, so it's not exactly a sweat shop. We have lost a number of longer term employees and it won't be easy to replace the knowledge lost, but new blood brings with it it's own rewards.

WAY too many layers of management. Sr. Leadership have completely lost touch with the day to day operations and are focusing too intensely on strategy. Don't get me wrong, I want my Sr. Leadership focused on strategy...for my ownlong term benefit, but not at the expense of losing touch with the daily operations of the business. I'm thinking they can do both well if they put their minds to it.

There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv EFT Solutions.

Worked for Fiserv EFT Solutions? Contribute to the Community!