Fiserv

www.fiserv.com

Dishonest Manager

Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsGood Cafe Plan, some training opportunity

ConsFiserv is a huge step down from CheckFree. Fiserv moved our department from the wonderful CheckFree campus to a horrible gray low-wall cubicle farm, and stopped the two-days-work-from-home program.

My manager had very little knowledge of the technology. A task description was typically one sentence, and she didn't understand that sometimes a one-sentence task can take weeks to accomplish by even the best informed and most capable staff. She left all of the details to the assignee, and often gave conflicting or overlapping assignments. When you have a problem, don't expect any input or help from her. She expects you to even do her job. Your job is to make her "shine" for the other managers that also don't understand the technology. And co-workers were usually of no help, they are reluctant to share any valuable information because they had to work so hard to get it too. Or sometimes, they knew the test methods they were using were bogus and didn't want anyone else to find out. (In one case I could never find any evidence the test was ever really done.) You pretty much need to hit the cold wall every time you ask a question and finally figure it out yourself. A very harsh environment. If you have only the technology skills then you will be bullied. If you only have the skill to kiss up, then Fiserv is perfect for you. You only need to talk all day and do nothing.

The QA Manager doesn't care about, or even understand, quality and only cares about how to get promoted. The worst part was this manager didn't keep her word and often lied, so of course she doesn't trust you or anybody else. And the other management (and even HR) seems to think it is OK for her to lie, even when it is so obvious that everyone has to know.

Too big, too slow, lack of common vision

Software Architect (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Steady employment. More investment recently in employee development. Some efforts… Cons: Grown primarily through acqusiition. Innovation is given lip service. More

Typical IT company with high turnout rate

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good family and work balance. With technology and… Cons: The company is really large and fragmented. It is hard to have good understanding the business of… Advice to Senior Management: Management should encourage synergy within the company and clean up… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fiserv.

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!