There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

Could be a better place in many ways

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Morristown, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance. Opportunity to learn something new if you have the motivation.

Cons

Made up of a lot of small divisions. Below average benefits, especially health and paid time off. A lot of people with start-up or last job mentality. Certain groups highly political. ET is a bottleneck on all projects and leaves a lot to be desired.

Get more involved with each division rather than focusing on the balancing sheet alone. Change the review system to promote the right people who can actually advance the firm.

834 Other Employee Reviews for Fiserv (View Most Recent)

High School like culture at Fiserv

Former Employee - IT Manager  in  Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Dublin, OH

I worked at Fiserv full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Compensation was a bit higher than most other IT companies.
    Paid Vacation time was higher than most other companies.

Cons

The department I worked in was managed by a person who held grudges and ran the department like a dictatorship. If you werent in his click, you didnt exist. If you were in the click and got on his bad side you were kicked out of the click. If you challenged his management decisions or didnt agree with him, not only were you kicked out of the click, but you were ignored and moved to a less revelant position.

There are every year or every two year job layoffs. The IT director takes advantage of the layoffs and will layoff the people who challenged him or didnt agree with his decisions.

While there were yearly performance reviews, compensation was not always tied to the ratings that were given on those reviews.

All paid time off is lumped together in one bucket.

This isnt high schools and clicks shouldnt exist in the professional environment. People who hold grudges or are emotionally immature should not be in a management position.

Leaderless, rudderless company who can't deliver quality and are losing customers

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They pay you, they have a nice cafeteria program in some locations, they don't micro-manage (mostly), and they have OK insurance.

Cons

I used to like working here, but the management has just completely lost touch with reality. High-value customers are abandoning us, we can't close any deals, and when we do we can't deliver on time or on budget. It's a company on the decline, with no upside if you have worked there for many years. Raises are pitiful and rare, and you have to threaten to resign to even get them to consider giving you the AVERAGE salary in your profession. Avoid.

Replace your middle managers. All of them.

There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!