There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

Leaderless, rudderless company who can't deliver quality and are losing customers

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They pay you, they have a nice cafeteria program in some locations, they don't micro-manage (mostly), and they have OK insurance.

Cons

I used to like working here, but the management has just completely lost touch with reality. High-value customers are abandoning us, we can't close any deals, and when we do we can't deliver on time or on budget. It's a company on the decline, with no upside if you have worked there for many years. Raises are pitiful and rare, and you have to threaten to resign to even get them to consider giving you the AVERAGE salary in your profession. Avoid.

Advice to Management

Replace your middle managers. All of them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

High School like culture at Fiserv

Former Employee - IT Manager in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Dublin, OH

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation was a bit higher than most other IT companies. Paid Vacation time was higher than most other companies.

Cons

The department I worked in was managed by a person who held grudges and ran the department like a dictatorship. If you werent in his click, you didnt exist. If you were in the click and got on his bad side you were kicked out of the click. If you challenged his management decisions or didnt agree with him, not only were you kicked out of the click, but you were ignored and moved to a less revelant position. There are every year or every two year job layoffs. The IT director takes advantage of the layoffs and will layoff the people who challenged him or didnt agree with his decisions. While there were yearly performance reviews, compensation was not always tied to the ratings that were given on those reviews. All paid time off is lumped together in one bucket.

Advice to Management

This isnt high schools and clicks shouldnt exist in the professional environment. People who hold grudges or are emotionally immature should not be in a management position.

Unrealistic expectations, no raises, no thanks

Current Employee - Digital Channels App Support in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Digital Channels App Support in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some really good team members to work with.

Cons

Ineffectual management. The more they try to fix what is wrong, the more it breaks and causes nothing but pain for on-call. Speaking of on-call if you have a life during your on-call week, forget it. You exist for nothing but Fiserv during that week. And if you don't like it tough.

Advice to Management

Besides roll over and accept below par quality, what does management do?