There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

Good Company Environment, Pay is low

Current Employee - BCP DR Project Manager in Sugar Land, TX
Current Employee - BCP DR Project Manager in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Benefits, Nice People. casual

Cons

Low Pay and no bonuses. 1% raises are considered good.

861 Other Employee Reviews for Fiserv (View Most Recent)

It's a job...

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've made some friends here.
    I look great in orange??

Cons

1.) In the wake of past layoffs and liquidations of various centers, it seems hard to believe that this company really values their employees.
    2.) They change their mind A LOT. e.g. acronyms are constantly changing, one week we have one 'standard' next week there is another.

Need to get organized, getting things done across business units or departments is a chaotic mess! Your organization model lacks coherency, efficiency and longevity (because it changes seems to change every couple of months). If you want areas to be affective, hire more people instead of piling extra tasks on people.

Excellent People, Questionable Structures

I worked at Fiserv full-time

Pros

The co-workers are awesome. Most are more than willing to go the extra mile, and are more often than not highly-competent, passionate, and dedicated to their craft. I haven't met anyone there who wasn't outgoing and friendly. The thrill of ensuring top-notch service to clients in high-priced contracts add to the mix, and hearing their satisfaction at project's end was often similar to a runner's high.

I especially loved the fact that, in-office or remotely, people worked in a collegiate fashion. I must also say that collaboration was better than nearly anywhere else I have worked for.

Cons

Lack of any thorough training (one co-worker quit a month in due to such frustrations), you're often 'thrown into the breach' with little preparation. Most of my training came via ad-hoc and on-the-fly research, and from endless questions cast out to higher-ups and peers.

Salesmen often promise clients features and benefits that cannot be delivered, and you get to find out about it when the client asks you (often way too late in the project) why feature XYZ hasn't been implemented yet. Sometimes the bureaucracy really gets in the way, especially when it comes to getting needed deliverables from other departments. Deadlines often slip - not due to lack of product being ready, but due to a lack of sufficient environmental readiness.

Top priorities? Get some decent training in place - few people are going to know these products off-the-street. These are highly complex systems, and some sort of updated and coherent training would be invaluable. Stop relying on senior staff to do all of the training - they're busy enough as it is, and rarely have time to really sit down and lay it all out. I would suggest a stronger mentoring program, where newbies can work alongside experienced hands on a project from start to finish.

Find a way to cut down the dreaded inter-departmental SLAs and snag-ups in a meaningful way, instead of just preaching "One Fiserv" in the meetings.

Provide a clear and meaningful formula for bonuses, and not just vague factors which no one outside of management would hope to have a grasp of.

There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv