Good job so far

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in West Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility and atmosphere are good

Cons

low chances of advancement for hourly staff

reviews filtered by

Great company for a long-term career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stability, challenging work, great co-workers

Cons

Too hierarchical, still information silos

Advice to Management

Communicate to employees, invest in better collaboration tools

One of the worst places to work, you bet it is!!

Current Employee - Express Client Services in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Express Client Services in Portland, OR

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers are nice and I get a paycheck. Fortunately I started working for Fiserv when Kaiser was an option for healthcare.

Cons

There is a lot of backstabbing by supervisors and above. Just in my department I have seen people get "promoted" with no compensation and added duties that make doing the job extremely difficult. I have been given a promotion and my supervisor took my job to use as their six sigma project so my promotion went out the window. They call this reorganization of the department so HR doesn't have to do anything about it. In addition to this, I have been told and upper management has been told by the supervisor, that the supervisor cannot do their job without me. WTH?

The so called insurance offered now may as well not even be insurance. People pay a premium for HDC insurance you have to pay a $1500 to $3000 deductible before it pays. Meanwhile you pay 100% of your medical bill in addition to your premium. It does not cover a lot of medications it should.

When I started at Fiserv, Fiserv acquired EPOC, a company that was going bankrupt. Fiserv kept the senior management that was driving EPOC into the ground and put them in charge of Fiserv. NOT a good idea because they are now driving Fiserv under. Moral has dropped significantly because their East Coast attitude is harsh and an "I don't care" attitude. We were able to read a book at our desk between calls as long as our work was caught up, now we are told to just read our manuals between calls. Uhm.....just how many times do I have to read those stereo instructions?

We are required to take 40 hours of training for exempt persons and 24 hours of training for non-exempt persons. That is fine but, for Pete's sake, allow us the time to take it. I have seen not only myself but other people have to beg and plead with management just to take some training.

Pay is terrible. Raises are even worse. Pay increases are supposed to be based on work performance. It is not! If it were, then I and others would be making more than we are. There are several of us who's work performance is excellent yet in the 5 years plus we have worked here, we have gotten less than $1 an hour raise. We could have gotten a better raise at fast food joint. My theory is that, since there is only so much each department is allotted for pay raises, management give the lower level very little for the pay-raises and uses the rest for theirs....the less they give us, the more for them.

Advice to Management

Wake up and open your eyes. You are killing any moral those of us who have been with Fiserv for any length of time, more than 5 years, have left. I personally have no faith in management. We are not the robots attached to a phone you treat us like! We are people, treat us as such.