There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

Exciting Environment

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  King of Prussia, PA
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Fiserv as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Working with some very intelligent people on complex projects

Cons

working with other business units on projects can be challenging

continue efforts of standardization across the enterprise

827 Other Employee Reviews for Fiserv (View Most Recent)

Bland

Current Employee - Staff Software Developer
    Current Employee - Staff Software Developer

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many of the people I work with are dedicated, hard-working individuals. Starting salary was good for me (although somewhat stale since then). Even if they are the bare minimum for a company of this size, they do at least offer the standard range of benefits. I'm really trying to be positive here, but to be honest, I've worked for this place for two years, and only really felt good about it in the first few months.

Cons

Prepare to find some of the bare minimum when it comes to pretty much anything. As if the company grew very fast and decided that they might as well offer a standard benefits package, but give them the budget version. I have traveled for the company to several locations, and I can say that there are some HUGE inconsistencies in amenities between offices. To some degree this is expected, but it's pretty insane when one office has an employer subsidized cafeteria and small, decaying work-out room as the best offering, while another has free-beer-fridays and game tables with a view of the ocean, yet another is equipped with full game rooms and outdoors activities in a resort-like setting. So basically, you're hit or miss with this place depending on where you work.

The real problem here is that "Fiserv" has to corporate culture, although they're trying to create one by force. They are an umbrella corp that buys up little companies and smashes them all together and doesn't complain as long as they continue making money. And their idea of getting people engaged is to just tell them to try their best to operate as one company. They don't actually enforce it internally. Somehow it's a good thing that a Fiserv sells rep heads to a potential client armed with 30 practically identical service offerings from 30 used-to-be independent companies. Seems like we'd just confuse people.

Also, attrition is terrible. I'm lucky to be in a decent salary range, but people leave because they barely give cost-of-living increases from year to year. Some other departments seem to be simply built on attrition, needing to have constant job fairs to fuel an employee population that rotates as quickly as the wheels on a stock car. Putting in 50 or 60 hours a week doesn't warrant a "Thank you" from management. Bonus structure doesn't exist anymore, and when we had one, if we met the goal, they didn't just change the goal, they would completely change the calculation. Moving up seems next to impossible, and moving over isn't much better.

Retain talent, make a decision about the kind of place you'd want to work. Are our leaders really only interested in coming into a gray office and sitting in a brown cubicle, trying to drown out the noise from the 75 other brown cubicles within ear shot while they do their job? Look, nobody under 35 wants to work like that, and you're basically a software company, so if you're going to attract and retain talented developers, you're going to have to do some work.

FFF

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Short commute. Reputable firm with solid performance in the industry. Adequate compensation, but below market.

Cons

Regressive culture, poor planning practices. Under-resourced organization. Emphasis is more on cost containment than staffing to meet demand. Work/life balance is not respected.

Get in touch with valued performers and address their concerns. The best people will continue to leave if they do not feel that they are not appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!