Fiserv

www.fiserv.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

Fiserv was a great place to work.

Former Contractor - Rim Operator in Irving, TX
Former Contractor - Rim Operator in Irving, TX

I worked at Fiserv as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Doing the Rim Operator job was something I enjoyed doing. Working with my associates were very helpful in helping me get started and learn the new job.

Cons

I learned the hard way there is no First admendment rights in the work place. There is no due process. What was said to HR was taken as gospel. I had no say in the matter.

Keep up the good work. Have associates to talk about work only and keep there private lives and thoughts to themself. Cut the using the Lords name in vane and cussing so much.

950 Other Employee Reviews for Fiserv (View Most Recent)

Worst company I've ever worked at

Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are two reasons why I didn't give this company one star. One is salary is competitive and above average and the second is diversity. Fiserv encourages a diversified workforce and pays above average.

If you are a bad developer and want to collect a pay check and have someone else do your work this is the place for you. There is no accountability here.

Cons

Horrible insurance. The PPO plan is so ridiculously high it they force you into the high deductible plan. The plan has such a huge deductible that it is almost pointless to have insurance unless you need a major surgery. Management is totally disconnected with rest of employees and people are promoted based on favoritism.

This company works in silos and if you need help from another division forget about it. They have very strict policies on what you can have on your computer and your suppose to have IT push ever piece of software to you or they might fire you even if you need the software for work and if you are very valuable to the team (many people were fired). They don't even want you to use your USB to charge your iPhone. Getting IT to push software is a complete nightmare. You have to get your managers approval and he has to get his managers approval and then the senior director has to approve and finally you have to submit a ticket and it just stays there forever. After going through the whole process (4 months) I still did not receive my software.

I wish I could say I enjoyed my co-workers but good developers don't stay here long. If you are a good developer this is not the place for you because this place has some of the worst developers (and very few good ones) and you will be doing most of the work on outdated technology and being pigeon holed there. The most you can expect is a pat on the back. The bonuses is a communist system where either EVREYONE gets it or no one does. The bar for those bonuses is so high you won't even get it. It is just a recruiting tool.

I worked at several companies in the past and have never seen a more mismanaged company where management seems to be at war against their employees and seems happy to see them leave. I witnessed people leaving every week and none of them wanted to come back. In companies that actually care about their employees, employees usually come back after some time. Not here.

The very few good developers I knew had some brilliant ideas but those ideas are not welcome. There are so much barriers and bureaucracy that your ideas will not get to where they are suppose to and even if they did they won't care because you are hired to be a monkey where you do what your told and nothing else. Management gets angry when you want to improve the process. They just want to hear only good things.

They are no longer a fortune 500 company and a big part of that is their utter contempt for valuable employees.

Listen to the employees that do the work (not just management). Work on retaining GOOD employees and try to keep them. Stop treating them like crap. Ease the unnecessarily strict IT policies. You make it harder for us to do our job. Fire CEO.

A sinking ship...that still can be save though.

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- A positive track record of industry experience.
    - Good job for someone that is not tech oriented.
    - Outsourcing jobs to India and abroad has helped profit margins.

Cons

* Huge product failures because of ignoring facts clearly identified by tech employees.
    * Failed opportunities in growth and innovation again because on under utilized tech advice.
    * Software development is reactive instead of industry leading.

You are doing an effective job in cutting costs. Unfortunately making the employees the brunt of your focus on this has rendered your future very questionable. If you want to become an industry leader hire and retain brilliant tech people.

There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv