There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

So far so good! Very happy to work for Fiserv.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits begin on day one
Very supportive culture, immediate supervisors make you feel appreciated and valued
Salary is above average for comparable positions in the area
Generous personal time off policy

Cons

Others with more tenure complain of lack of raises, profit sharing, etc. but I cannot comment on that as of yet.
Health insurance benefits could be better.

Listen to feedback and make improvements where needed to ensure retention of top performers

reviews filtered by

This company should be in the top 5 worst companies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Paid time off. It's a job in a very bad economy. Air conditioning works well.

Cons

Rediculasly bad health insurance, low salary, low salary bans, very low percentage raise when you can get one, stingy hunger games type bonus structure, old outdated equipment. Not very many career opportunities in the Phoenix office. There is a sight director in Phoenix but no other Directors, VP's or anything higher. They like to keep all the control in the Dublin, Oh call center where they have plenty of Directors, VP's, Sr VP's. Every once in a while Dublin will send us a postion in a department we don't have in Phoenix, but we know eventually they will decide they need one less position in that department and they will lay that person off. So it can be dangerous to apply for the rare opportunity that may pop up in Phoenix because you just may end up looking for a new job. Our department has been asking for certain equipment upgrades that are very inexpensive, but we are always told it's not in the budget, but the company will buy two seats on a plane to send one or our VP's out to make an appearance a few times a year. Cut one of his trips to our site and it will pay for the upgrades we have been begging for. We are internet banking company but are constantly having issues with our systems not working properly.

It's time to start putting money back into the company instead of always trying to make your balance sheet look good. If you want to keep good people, you need to pay them.

Bland

Current Employee - Staff Software Developer
    Current Employee - Staff Software Developer

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Many of the people I work with are dedicated, hard-working individuals. Starting salary was good for me (although somewhat stale since then). Even if they are the bare minimum for a company of this size, they do at least offer the standard range of benefits. I'm really trying to be positive here, but to be honest, I've worked for this place for two years, and only really felt good about it in the first few months.

Cons

Prepare to find some of the bare minimum when it comes to pretty much anything. As if the company grew very fast and decided that they might as well offer a standard benefits package, but give them the budget version. I have traveled for the company to several locations, and I can say that there are some HUGE inconsistencies in amenities between offices. To some degree this is expected, but it's pretty insane when one office has an employer subsidized cafeteria and small, decaying work-out room as the best offering, while another has free-beer-fridays and game tables with a view of the ocean, yet another is equipped with full game rooms and outdoors activities in a resort-like setting. So basically, you're hit or miss with this place depending on where you work.

The real problem here is that "Fiserv" has to corporate culture, although they're trying to create one by force. They are an umbrella corp that buys up little companies and smashes them all together and doesn't complain as long as they continue making money. And their idea of getting people engaged is to just tell them to try their best to operate as one company. They don't actually enforce it internally. Somehow it's a good thing that a Fiserv sells rep heads to a potential client armed with 30 practically identical service offerings from 30 used-to-be independent companies. Seems like we'd just confuse people.

Also, attrition is terrible. I'm lucky to be in a decent salary range, but people leave because they barely give cost-of-living increases from year to year. Some other departments seem to be simply built on attrition, needing to have constant job fairs to fuel an employee population that rotates as quickly as the wheels on a stock car. Putting in 50 or 60 hours a week doesn't warrant a "Thank you" from management. Bonus structure doesn't exist anymore, and when we had one, if we met the goal, they didn't just change the goal, they would completely change the calculation. Moving up seems next to impossible, and moving over isn't much better.

Retain talent, make a decision about the kind of place you'd want to work. Are our leaders really only interested in coming into a gray office and sitting in a brown cubicle, trying to drown out the noise from the 75 other brown cubicles within ear shot while they do their job? Look, nobody under 35 wants to work like that, and you're basically a software company, so if you're going to attract and retain talented developers, you're going to have to do some work.

There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv