Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Norcross, GA
Former Employee - Sales Executive in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very smart, passionate people that care about their jobs. Low pressure to perform. Very flexible on the work/life dynamic.

Cons

Very little opportunity to move up within the organization. Not much of a defined career path available. Cronyism was plainly evident to many folks within the sales organization.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Innovative and Rewarding

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong corporate values
    Little politics
    Opportunity for career advancement. If current position is not the best fit, management is open to finding the right one within the company.
    Work is strongly recognized and rewarding accordingly (assuming a job well done)
    Management is very approachable, good character unlike largest competitor

Cons

Decision-making can become bureaucratic but improving

Advice to Management

Retain high performers

Bland

Current Employee - Staff Software Developer
    Current Employee - Staff Software Developer

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many of the people I work with are dedicated, hard-working individuals. Starting salary was good for me (although somewhat stale since then). Even if they are the bare minimum for a company of this size, they do at least offer the standard range of benefits. I'm really trying to be positive here, but to be honest, I've worked for this place for two years, and only really felt good about it in the first few months.

Cons

Prepare to find some of the bare minimum when it comes to pretty much anything. As if the company grew very fast and decided that they might as well offer a standard benefits package, but give them the budget version. I have traveled for the company to several locations, and I can say that there are some HUGE inconsistencies in amenities between offices. To some degree this is expected, but it's pretty insane when one office has an employer subsidized cafeteria and small, decaying work-out room as the best offering, while another has free-beer-fridays and game tables with a view of the ocean, yet another is equipped with full game rooms and outdoors activities in a resort-like setting. So basically, you're hit or miss with this place depending on where you work.

The real problem here is that "Fiserv" has to corporate culture, although they're trying to create one by force. They are an umbrella corp that buys up little companies and smashes them all together and doesn't complain as long as they continue making money. And their idea of getting people engaged is to just tell them to try their best to operate as one company. They don't actually enforce it internally. Somehow it's a good thing that a Fiserv sells rep heads to a potential client armed with 30 practically identical service offerings from 30 used-to-be independent companies. Seems like we'd just confuse people.

Also, attrition is terrible. I'm lucky to be in a decent salary range, but people leave because they barely give cost-of-living increases from year to year. Some other departments seem to be simply built on attrition, needing to have constant job fairs to fuel an employee population that rotates as quickly as the wheels on a stock car. Putting in 50 or 60 hours a week doesn't warrant a "Thank you" from management. Bonus structure doesn't exist anymore, and when we had one, if we met the goal, they didn't just change the goal, they would completely change the calculation. Moving up seems next to impossible, and moving over isn't much better.

Advice to Management

Retain talent, make a decision about the kind of place you'd want to work. Are our leaders really only interested in coming into a gray office and sitting in a brown cubicle, trying to drown out the noise from the 75 other brown cubicles within ear shot while they do their job? Look, nobody under 35 wants to work like that, and you're basically a software company, so if you're going to attract and retain talented developers, you're going to have to do some work.