Fiserv

Good working environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Good people, working environment. Will prove a good foundation for a career in financial services without having to work all hours.

Cons

Technology is quite outdated with no real clear path to getting better.

Keep and reward those most knowledgeable with your technology - these are the folks that can really drive value for your clients.

908 Other Employee Reviews for Fiserv (View Most Recent)

Not a Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Balance Clerk in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Balance Clerk in Omaha, NE

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

They worked around my school schedule, and would allow you to just not show up (in the event of an emergency), never firing anyone or even mentioning the incident. I see this as a con as well, because it keeps people around that perpetually 'drop the ball.'

Cons

Very low pay for the job, poorly run operations, very unprofessional coworkers who were offensive and plainly rude about peoples backgrounds and beliefs, there were no bonuses or raises given, they did not cross train you and when one person didn't show up- the whole office fell apart, all jobs were run extremely inefficiently and there seemed to be nothing done about it the whole time I was there.

Simply hiring more people with business degrees and rewarding their ideas and work with good incentives would completely re-vamp operations and managment of the branch of Fiserv I worked in.

SW Dev @ Fiserv

Current Employee - Software Developer in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

Steady work but the place drives me crazy.

Cons

Pompous, overbearing, condescending managers. People are grumpy up and down the food chain and it shows. They care more about appearances than the quality of the product, and it is impossible to get promoted. And now they've put in speed bumps!

Too bloated to move fast, too full of themselves to take the competition seriously, and too many 'good-ole-boys' posturing to effectively lead. No way up unless someone retires, quits or dies.

There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv