Fiserv

www.fiserv.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Frisco, TX
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

Freedom to be creative in your job

Cons

Raises given are small percentage. Not many bonuses given for extra work

934 Other Employee Reviews for Fiserv (View Most Recent)

Hectic, overworked, but a great place to expand your knowledge and technical expertise

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Place to advance your career
    Pay was fair if working normal hours
    Friendly work environment and still have friends there after leaving
    Steady continious employment
    Highly advanced datacenter that is PCI compliant environment

Cons

No raise for two years
    No merit increases
    Took bonuses away
    Took sabitical away
    Cut back benefits
    Instigated more work than could possibly be handled by existing staff

First let me say that I intend to return to work at Fiserv. I will also say that it's a shame I had to leave in order for Fiserv to respect the value that I brought to the organization, and if I would've recieved a simple 3 or 4 % merit increase, I would've never left. The costs too train new employees or to bring back old employees at market value cannot be overlooked. And the idea that off shoring jobs is going to save you money is ridiculous knowing your market. In the end, off shoring is going to cost you customers. Management needs to look hard at what their trying to accomplish and then do simple project management due diligent tasks, like asking, "do we have the resources to accomplish what we want to accomplish without burning out all of our employees?"

Loved it when it was CheckFree, then dreaded Fiserv came and ruined a great work place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Great people, made some really good friends.
    Learned a lot in my field.
    Encouraged to expand knowledge and training, and to obtain certifications.

I came into the company while it was still CheckFree, and I loved working there. After about a year, the merger with Fiserv happened, and things slowly started going downhill. But my team, a technology group, were really great people, everyone got along and we were all knowlegeable at our jobs, and most importantly, willing to help each other. Thatt part of the job I was truly grateful for. My immediate manager and the Director of my group are wonderful people who I consider friends and colleagues, and will keep in touch with.

Cons

The pay is far below market value. They pay the same nationwide regardless of geographic region, so my job in NYC paid the same as the job anywhere else. The cost of living in NYC is much higher than the rest of the country, but that doesn't matter. And the pay was low to begin with. Couple that with no raises for almost 3 years, paltry bonuses, and little to no chance for advancement, and the choice to leave was a no brainer.

The real reason I left, though, was because the FET (Technology group) organization is going down the drain. They have a "vision" to consolidate data centers, yet after 3 years little to no progress has been made and the plan seems to change on a monthly basis. At the same time, they are offshoring jobs to India in every single technology dept. That team that has 30 US members today will almost certainly be slashed in the coming year or 2, with a skeleton US crew being backed up by Indian associates. The members hired onto my team seemed like they were ok at the job, but they were completely unnecessary and we found ourselves just trying to find work for them to do. The FET goal is to offshore as many jobs as possible so they can severely reduce US head count. I saw the writing on the wall and decided to get out while I could. My advice to any FET associate, don't trust a word the senior leadership tells you. They see you as expendable and will lay you off as soon as look at you.

CheckFree was wonderful and I really miss it, I could have seen myself staying there for a long time, but Fiserv is just a really terrible company. They don't care about their employees at all and don't care if they leave. In fact, they seem to encourage it so they can fill your role with someone in India.

To me, it seems they are sacrificing the company for minimal savings in the short term by off shoring rather than investing in the long term health of the company. Maybe the big wigs are trying to drive up the stock price before they cash out and retire.

Stop off shoring jobs to India. In a time when the US economy is struggling and people here need jobs, you are doing everything you can to make it worse. Plus, offshoring rarely works. I've seen it many times, a company sees cost savings in the short run but in the end they bring the jobs back to the US because in the end it costs much more than they thought it would to operate overseas. Plus India won't be cheap forever, there's already housing issues in Delhi that have driven up real estate prices. Guess what that means? You will be forced to pay the Indian employees more in the future. Bye bye cost savings and the reason to offshore in the first place.

There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv