Products are taking off

Current Employee - Product Manager in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing

Pros

I have been so delighted to work for a company who are at the cusp of delivering may new product innovations in the markplace. The roadmap is filled with really interesting things that will change how restaurants handle their marketing efforts. My team in product and development really get things done and work together effectively. As many of you know this is not always the case. There is typically a tension with these groups and somehow Fishbowl has made that tension positive. The people here are caring, welcoming and fun. They seem to always have lots of fun things going on. There was some crazy scavenger hunt not so long ago where the whole company broke into team at the office and put together bikes. Then we rode the bike through the office in a race. I am sure I am not doing this event justice but it was fun and a great team building event. Plus all the bikes were donated to charity. When I first heard about it, I really did not want to go but after I did- I had a blast.

Cons

There is never enough time to get everyhting I want to do done. I have a good work life balance but working in a smaller company I end up wearing many hats.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. The founder, Scott Shaw, takes the time to get know all the employees. He is generous and sharp. I know as companies grow, it is hard to keep things are personal. I hope that Fishbowl can keep the strong sense of community but it starts with you. Hold on to it...it is really rare.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great culture, headed in the right direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing

Pros

Great culture--CEO and management care about employees Great customers--seems like just about every chain restaurant uses Fishbowl for email Good people--there are a lot of great people here Headed in the right direction--some new products seems to be clicking

Cons

A lot of failed products in the past. They seemed to try stuff without thinking it through. Not focused. Trying to be all things to restaurants. Seems to be getting better. Software needs a refresh. The core email products look and feel like they're from the '90s.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and stay a little crazy!

2. Hard to beat working for a company who has been #1 in their field for 10 years and loves their employees!

Current Employee - Coordinator in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing

Pros

People are really fun Office is cool and very casual Senior Managers and Executive are very approachable. Scott Shaw even took me for coffee. Clients are great I have learned so much in just a short time All my friends are jealous that their job and company are not as fun as mine Huge balcony's that wrap around the office with views of the Potomac and Capital

Cons

People need to work hard While the building has a free shuttle that runs every few minutes to the metro, I wish the metro was closer than the mile away it is.