Fishbowl Marketing

There are newer employer reviews for Fishbowl Marketing

This place is great!

Current Employee - Tech Support in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Tech Support in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Smart and dedicated people work here but even better the people are really nice. I have met new friends and the company is really growing. The office is super casual and there is a lot of people who have been promoted.

My friend referred me and I got to say that I was skeptical because he really had nothing negative to say and there is a big referral bonus. I am really glad I came.

Cons

Training can be a bit disorganized but everyone answered my questions. The metro is about a mile away and the free shuttle stops running at 7 pm.

Keep up the good work.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Fishbowl Marketing (View Most Recent)

Looks good on surface but look deeper...

Current Employee - Professional Services in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice location, fun coworkers and very nice CEO are pluses.

Cons

Lots of changes without much thought of how it impacts employees. HR only interested in what's best for the company, not there for the rest of us which is not what I was led to believe. Lots of hype from the interview has led to a different reality from day to day work.

Lots of turnover should be a signal to pay more attention to employee satisfaction. Poor career paths except for select favoritism.

Products are taking off

Current Employee - Product Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing

Pros

I have been so delighted to work for a company who are at the cusp of delivering may new product innovations in the markplace. The roadmap is filled with really interesting things that will change how restaurants handle their marketing efforts. My team in product and development really get things done and work together effectively. As many of you know this is not always the case. There is typically a tension with these groups and somehow Fishbowl has made that tension positive.

The people here are caring, welcoming and fun. They seem to always have lots of fun things going on. There was some crazy scavenger hunt not so long ago where the whole company broke into team at the office and put together bikes. Then we rode the bike through the office in a race. I am sure I am not doing this event justice but it was fun and a great team building event. Plus all the bikes were donated to charity. When I first heard about it, I really did not want to go but after I did- I had a blast.

Cons

There is never enough time to get everyhting I want to do done. I have a good work life balance but working in a smaller company I end up wearing many hats.

Keep up the great work. The founder, Scott Shaw, takes the time to get know all the employees. He is generous and sharp. I know as companies grow, it is hard to keep things are personal. I hope that Fishbowl can keep the strong sense of community but it starts with you. Hold on to it...it is really rare.

There are newer employer reviews for Fishbowl Marketing