There are newer employer reviews for Fishbowl Marketing

Was let go after four months

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Fishbowl Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good perks and the view from the office is gorgeous.

Cons

I left a job in January after being offered a role at Fishbowl, only to be let go four months later. They claimed it wasn't performance-related, and that it was a "numbers thing." Yet they've continued hiring in the two months since...
Other cons: the "training" I got lasted all of three days, was conducted by a coworker (with no experience training other people); the sales goals are too high and lead to sales people getting let go frequently (I wasn't technically part of the sales team but saw what happened). Most people on the sales team have been there for no more than 2 years.
I asked if there was anywhere else in the company for me to work, and they said no. They weren't willing to even try to move me around.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people unless you can guarantee you'll be able to afford to keep them on the payroll for at least six months! It's one thing if the employee doesn't hold up his/her end of the bargain, but if he/she is performing well, try to move them around.

Fishbowl Marketing Response

Aug 16, 2014Director of Talent

Thank you for your feedback and we agree that deciding to terminate anyone we hired after such a short time is very difficult and it's a decision we did not take lightly. We are truly sorry it ... More

reviews filtered by

Low pay, limited opportunities for promotion

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are fun and great.

Cons

The pay is well below market value. Most promotions are just the same job with a slightly different title. Most new positions are only truly open to outside candidates.

Advice to Management

If you can't provide a valid career track at Fishbowl, at least assist your employees in finding one outside of the company. You never know when your former employees could be a great asset in the future, so it never hurts to foster their growth even if it means encouraging them to leave the company.

Fishbowl Marketing Response

Oct 3, 2014Director of Talent

Thank you for your feedback. we agree with you- we have great people and our culture is very fun!

Thank you for sharing your comments about compensation. Fishbowl strives to offer ‘Bowlers
    ... More

Best Culture and it starts at the TOP

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Approachable leadership team, awesome products, amazing culture and it's fun to work for Fishbowl.

Cons

That we all can't be together all the time. We don't have the luxury of everyone living in one place but when we do get together it's a big happy family!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!