Was let go after four months

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Fishbowl Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good perks and the view from the office is gorgeous.

Cons

I left a job in January after being offered a role at Fishbowl, only to be let go four months later. They claimed it wasn't performance-related, and that it was a "numbers thing." Yet they've continued hiring in the two months since...
Other cons: the "training" I got lasted all of three days, was conducted by a coworker (with no experience training other people); the sales goals are too high and lead to sales people getting let go frequently (I wasn't technically part of the sales team but saw what happened). Most people on the sales team have been there for no more than 2 years.
I asked if there was anywhere else in the company for me to work, and they said no. They weren't willing to even try to move me around.

Don't hire people unless you can guarantee you'll be able to afford to keep them on the payroll for at least six months! It's one thing if the employee doesn't hold up his/her end of the bargain, but if he/she is performing well, try to move them around.

Fishbowl Marketing Response

Aug 16, 2014Director of Talent

Thank you for your feedback and we agree that deciding to terminate anyone we hired after such a short time is very difficult and it's a decision we did not take lightly. We are truly sorry it ... More

Other Reviews for Fishbowl Marketing

I learn something new everyday.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work with some highly dedicated, experienced people. My technical experience has grown leaps and bounds since I've worked here. We are exposed to the latest technologies and are encouraged to apply this knowledge on the products that we create. I am very satisfied with the compensation and have received generous pay raises consistently.

Cons

Promotion opportunities are minimal based on my current position within the company.
    No matching 401k funds.

Learn the value of: "Take care of the troops first."

Fun, Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome people. Fun environment. Evolving and exciting new products. Oh and an awesome view of the Potomac from our wrap around balcony.

Cons

Since we're growing so fast, work load for some can be too much at times. But mgmt is aware and working on staffing up.

There are newer employer reviews for Fishbowl Marketing.

Worked for Fishbowl Marketing? Contribute to the Community!