There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments

What's all the moaning about? I love it here.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fisher Investments

Pros

Decent pay, bright, motivated co-workers

Cons

Micro-management can be over the top.

Let us do our job. Don't up the pressure in a tough time.

194 Other Employee Reviews for Fisher Investments (View Most Recent)

Make a lot of money, be unhappy

Current Employee - Client Services  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fisher Investments

Pros

Pay and Benefits and co-workers

Cons

High stress, low morale, do it their way or hit the highway.

Don't just rely on high compensation to keep employees happy.

A great place for a long career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woodside, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodside, CA

I have been working at Fisher Investments

Pros

I started at Fisher as a CSA (entry level) at about the same time as the previous poster, and we probably had the exact same job. Without going into too much detail, I am still at Fisher, still very happy, and have since worked in several different areas, not just sales or operations. There is huge opportunity for career advancement. Most of the people I started with, in the same job, have been promoted within the firm, or have rotated to a different department. It's true there is high turnover in the first 12 months, which is true for any finance or money management firm. But turnover after 12 months is basically non-existent, again because of the opportunity for advancement. Keep in mind, of the three co-presidents, one started as a CSA (as I did) and the other in entry-level trading. Not everybody is cut out for someplace that is competitive, so I can understand why people who didn't make it might be upset. Incidentally Fisher made BusinessWeek's top 100 places to launch a career based on compensation and opportunity, which is something to be proud of.

Cons

I suppose I'd prefer if we had an office in downtown San Francisco for a shorter commute for me personally. But the benefits far outweigh the convenience for me of a shorter commute.

We opened an office recently outside Vancouver, Washington, which is nice for people who'd like to buy a home outside of California, where it's very expensive. No state income tax in Washington. I'd like to see more offices in more no income tax states. Texas would be nice for the warm weather.

There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!