Fisher Investments

www.fisherinvestments.com
  www.fisherinvestments.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments

Good jumping off point...

Former Employee - Intern in Woodside, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Woodside, CA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Professional, good resume builder for straight out of college
- decent pay ($48k starting)
- young co-workers

Cons

-cult like
- HIGH turnerover of employees
- job task are repetitive
-managers tend to micro manage

-encourage more individuality.... get off the energy bus

228 Other Employee Reviews for Fisher Investments (View Most Recent)

Stay away from robot factory

Current Employee - Secret in Woodside, CA
    Current Employee - Secret in Woodside, CA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits, although I realized later that all of my graduating friends receive similar benefits despite being in different industries. So, nothing extraordinary

Cons

A lot has already been said on this website and I agree with almost everything. Fisher Investments is a prison where you will bee exploited and constantly monitored. Your every step and anything you do will be monitored and questioned. My team leader has even his own spy, the person that sits next to me who has been there for years always monitors me and passes everything to that person.
    Moreover, I really dislike the fact that the firm claims to care about its employees. THEY PLAIN DONT. They have a ridiculously high turnover rate of employees. I am leaving the firm in 2 weeks and as I talk to my coworkers they ALL seem to want to leave as soon as they get a chance. We already have about 4 people leave our team this year.
    Everyone in the management just worships Ken. Nobody dares to say anything to his words. YOu will constantly get emails saying KEN said this, he said that. He is on TV.
    Also, Ken will always email and congratulate personally when an institutional client is signed. Common folks in the firm will NEVER recieve such emails. Despite the fact that other teams do equally important if not more important tasks. That just tells me a lot about Ken`s attitude toward his employees. He cares only if you bring him more money.
    Salaries are not that competitive either, dont get fooled. My coworkers who have been here for 2 -3 years have not gotten a bonus or a raise since then.
    Most of my coworkers are very nice people, but they are not by any means smarter than average college graduates. Even if they make the mistake of joining the firm, really smart people wouldnt stay here for too long. There is no prospect in staying.
    Lastly, people in the very senior management constantly talk trash about other companies. One time, a very top manager told us in a meeting that its not worths sending your kids to school these days. Moreover, he talked trash about companies like Google, facebook and other tech companies for providing all the benefits of food and gyms and stuff. In his eyes it was WASTE and loss of productivity.( FACEPALM) . He went on to say that Fisher instead gives money to employees instead of those benefits. WHERE IS MY MONEY??
    NO they dont, they have very average salaries, needless to say much much lower than those of those tech companies.
    Fisher is not company that values your educational degree, qualifications, or any other skills. They have their own way of doing things and they are not willing to change that. I have people with masters degrees and CFAs in my team and I graduated from college recently. We do exactly same work. They wont listen to you. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. SO STAY AWAY

PAY MORE to employees, not just managers. Stop being so picky about FISHER experience. FISHER experience sucks. you guys cant even stand up and say anything against Ken, even if you think its wrong

Decent place to start a career with great benefits, but happiness depends on managers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to start a career and make some good bucks. Get to move around to different teams based on interest (or where they want to move you), and there are some young, fun people working here.

Cons

Conversely, there are some terrible people working here, who want to put the blame anywhere but on themselves (e.g. on you). It's high pressure pretty much all the time, in most roles, because of that fear of failure and being reprimanded. Also, there is no parking here.

Be a little more relaxed and fostering of employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments