There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments

You may like it, some love it, I know lots hate it... secretly

Former Employee - Two Roles. . On to Better Things  in  Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Two Roles. . On to Better Things in Foster City, CA

I worked at Fisher Investments

Pros

Decent rep in SF area, your in SF, lots of good people, young company, was growing before they blew the last market call.

Cons

Hard to sleep at night selling 65 year olds into all equity portfolios. One asset manager that is not always right but his strategy relies on perfection.

You need more defined career paths and better selection for managerial rotations. Many managers are inexperienced in there current role do to rotations. Need to change approach to furthering education. You do not learn everything you need/should know from Fisher. Time to stop preaching about last job you will ever need... cough... cough...

199 Other Employee Reviews for Fisher Investments (View Most Recent)

Very unique. Management is very supportive.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fisher Investments

Pros

I've worked in financial services before at different places, and Fisher is unique in how much they really care about employees and want it to be a place where you have a long career. It seems like the managers are really interested in where you want to go and helping you get there. Also, if you want, you can try different areas. If you really like Sales, for example, you can stay in Sales forever, but if you want to try another area, they'll let you train and rotate so you build a different set of skills. In some sense, its up to you as an employee to set your path, but they support you a lot no matter what you decide.

Cons

To be honest, because I've seen the grass isn't greener, I don't have many complaints

Keep doing what you're doing. One of the best things about this firm is how supportive management is, and I hope that doesn't change

Bleed Green

Current Employee - AETL  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - AETL in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fisher Investments

Pros

Dealing with people who are exited about what they do for a living.

Cons

There are many mid-level manager that ill-suited for leadership roles and probably would not have made it to management at a stronger company or a company that did not grow so quickly.

Since the company has grown so quickly, their is a good amount of internal politics that forces creative people out of the company. The company also is worried about losing talent and encorages many younger associates not to get valuable professional educations and liecensing that will help them further their careers.

Some senior manager are ill-suited for leadership roles and probably would not have made it to management at a stronger company or a company that did not grow so quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!