Fisher Investments

www.fisherinvestments.com
  www.fisherinvestments.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments

Be prepared to do a full day's work and then reap the benefits! Not for you workshy folk!

Current Employee - Investment Counselor
Current Employee - Investment Counselor

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hard work? Yes. Isn't that what it's all about? I have been at Fisher for 7 years now, and due to my hard work, effort and diligence, I have been promoted twice (once to a completely different dept) and enjoy an excellent salary and benefits (I started as a graduate at the ground level). I am married with 3 kids under the age of 10 and manage to strike a good work/life balance. It hasn't been easy I admit, but the rewards are definitely attainable. Some reviewers on here seem workshy? If that's the case, then Fisher Investments is not for you. If you don't mind rolling your sleeves up and going the extra mile, you will certainly achieve career progression. Simple as that. I'm living proof, as are many of my colleagues.

Rates of pay are above the industry average. Sure, staff earn more on the east coast at the likes of Goldmans and JPM, but hey, we are on the west coast. Go figure.

It's impossible for 100% of staff to be 100% happy...but hey, if you're THAT disillusioned, please

Cons

Parking is an issue that needs attention...and fast. I understand why some staff are getting peeved

If you don't appreciate your staff, then start doing so immediately. You are only as good as your team.

229 Other Employee Reviews for Fisher Investments (View Most Recent)

A company that only pretends to care about its employees

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time

Pros

Fisher is a good place to start if you are looking to get into a corporate work environment. The benefits are fantastic.

Cons

The company is not friendly towards employees with families. The work schedule is inflexible and you must arrive by 7 every morning no matter your role at the company. Employees are not allowed time during the day to drop off/pick up children at day care and are chastised and sometimes penalized financially if consistently arrive after 7am. Further, employees often work over 9 hours daily but do not report overtime out of fear of disciplinary action from management.

Only some employees are allowed to park in the company parking lot while others park on the street and have to move their car every 2 hours to avoid parking tickets. There is no public transportation near by so each employee must own a car to get to work by the 7 am start time.

Management needs to focus their efforts on improving employee morale and reduce employee turnover if the company is going to be successful moving forward. Make it a place that people are excited to stay rather than excited for the employee that gets out and gets a better job elsewhere.

Make an effort to care as much about your employees as you do for your clients. The employees are terrified to speak honestly with management or HR because of the ingrained fear in the company culture that is reinforced over and over by management.

Good company to start career

I have been working at Fisher Investments

Pros

a good place to learn about the financial industry

Cons

firm has hit a rough patch in terms of performance and management

focus back on clients and performance and compensating employees for their hard work

There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments