Fisher Investments
www.fisherinvestments.com Camas, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Fisher First Class

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHaving been in the industry for about 20 years both on the brokerage side and institutional side and I consider Fisher the big leagues of firms to work for. I have been with the firm now for some time and happily plan to stay until I am ready to retire. This is a first class organization with the opportunity to interact with any level of the company (CEO on down)and the pay and benefits are significantly better than other opportunities. Sure, we work hard and the expectations are high, but what else would be expected in a multi-billion dollar money management firm? We are one of the few firms that actually care about each customer and spend a great deal of time and resources on this. I am always surprised when I see someone leave the firm seeking “greener” pastures because I know what is out there in the finance industry – good luck swimming in that 60-80 hour per week shark tank. Unfortunately, I see a lot of just out of college people that complain about the work but have no other relevant work experience. They are in for a rude awakening.

ConsIt would be nice to have some type of child care or flex time for those with kids; especially younger pre-schoolers.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is important for any firm to continuously recognize that talent can come from any level of the firm. Keep hiring talent that we want to keep at the firm for the next 20+ years.

Flag Review

Fisher Investments VP of Content Management responded to this review

Nov 12, 2013

Thanks for your review.

Boring and Monotonous

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros: -They pay well -You get a cool desk Cons: -10 hour day -Not salaried, it is a base pay with overtime -Very repetitive, tedious, monotonous work---10 hours of looking at a computer screen,… Advice to Senior Management: -Don't expect everyone to enjoy doing something without knowing the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A good job for someone that is thick skin

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good starting pay and benefits Cons: employees are treated like numbers More

There are newer reviews on Fisher Investments.

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fisher Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fisher Investments is not your typical financial services company. We consider ourselves industry pioneers and pride ourselves in our specialized business model and innovative approach. We believe this creates value for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fisher Investments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fisher Investments CEO Ken Fisher. All reviews posted anonymously by Fisher Investments employees.