Fisher Investments
www.fisherinvestments.com Camas, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A Great Life Choice

Various (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI joined Fisher 11 years ago. I’ve worked in many different capacities and departments and have been given more and more responsibility, more so than I would have received elsewhere. Prior to Fisher I worked for a competitor based in NYC. During my 11 years at Fisher Investments, their AUM has grown ten-fold. I joined FI in my late twenties when I was single, hungry, well educated and underpaid. I was full of promise as far as I was concerned. Fortunately, Fisher thought so too and they’ve put me the test.

I’m now closing in on 40 years old, I’m still hungry for more and greater success, far more talented and knowledgable now than when I joined, and continue to stay at Fisher to build on an already 17 year career that’s been both financially and personally rewarding.

Everyone at Fisher, all the way up to the CEO and Founder, Ken Fisher remain open to good ideas and feedback from their employee base. I frequently share my candid thoughts with my manager, and others too. It’s through this sort of frank discussion that we fix issues, challenge perspective and better myself and the firm. Alongside my candid criticism and input, I typically share solutions, innovative ideas and learn the ins and outs of running a complex business.

Fisher has had its ups and downs through the years, less so than most firms, but they’re certainly not perfect and don’t claim to be.

My thoughts are the following: Fisher Investments is world class when it comes to money management and employee talent. They manage money for some of the world’s largest organizations and thousands of America’s wealthiest private clients. FI is fast growing, hard charging and cutting edge. I wouldn't work anywhere that wasn't. Fisher is all of this because of the employees they choose to hire, not in spite of them. I know and am reminded of that often by my manager and his manager. I share this often with the candidates I interview for a variety of roles. I consider Fisher and me a good personality fit. I’m a firm believer that work is meant to be challenging, but also rewarding. At Fisher I get both. My genuine enthusiasm for working at Fisher hasn’t come without me being critical, vocal, and occasionally even difficult. I manage up, sideways and down and 11 years later, it's served me well. I encourage our younger employees to do the same. The management team has embraced this and has come to expect it. There have been more than a handful of times where Ken Fisher, Jeff Silk and other members of the executive team have called me after receiving feedback I’ve shared with my direct manager to further discuss my viewpoints and views of those lesser vocal employees who sit around me. They do so because they care to see their business thrive and I can attest they want their best employees retire here.

My trust and confidence in the firm and their trust in confidence in me has been mutual. They know and expect I’ll work hard for our clients. I have. I know and expect the firm will work hard to keep me. They have. Fisher has provided me with financial flexibility, a well cared for family, work-life balance and the best life has to offer. My time at Fisher has exceeded my expectations.

Lastly, I interview several hundred potential employees (10+ years experience) each year from the investment industry. Through my interviewing efforts I am further reminded everyday why Fisher isn’t only a great launch pad to a successful investment management career, it’s the end game for me.

ConsSee my comments above, it's comprehensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee my comments above, it's comprehensive

Was a good company year and years ago. Today it's a sinking ship.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good 401K match, good health benefits. You will learn the in and outs of investment management and gain a… Cons: As others have said, Fisher embraces a culture of oppression and fear. Ultra low morale -everyone is trying to leave. Heavy micro-management. … Advice to Senior Management: Fire yourselves, then hire a team that is experienced and can beat a benchmark index. Think about morale, the work environment and why people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Incredibly Challenging, Incredibly Rewarding

Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fisher offers an environment where you will be challenged and stretched every day. It’s a place where you are constantly being encouraged to reach… Cons: Commute to the San Mateo and Woodside offices is tough, but the company now has a fully up and running (and growing) presence in the… Advice to Senior Management: As the firm advances and grows, make sure that your ability… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Fisher Investments.

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fisher Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fisher Investments is not your typical financial services company. We consider ourselves industry pioneers and pride ourselves in our specialized business model and innovative approach. We believe this creates value for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fisher Investments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fisher Investments CEO Ken Fisher. All reviews posted anonymously by Fisher Investments employees.