Fisher Investments

www.fisherinvestments.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments

Great place to work

I have been working at Fisher Investments

Pros

Fisher Investments has been gratuitous enough to employ me for over 20 years. The early days were tough; I was working my way through college and didn’t know much about the investment industry. Through programs in place they trained me on many different aspects of the financial services industry. At this point I feel quite privileged to work here. I have a clear understanding of this industry, how financial market work and would be very comfortable lecturing in front of the most astute investors out there. None of this came without extremely hard work and dedication.

I understand there are a few past employees that have complaints about working. However, I did not see any substance in their complaints. They are upset when a manager checks their work? – What company doesn’t have that? They are upset when its time to go home and they are asked to complete their work and leave? -- Doesn’t that beat pushing employees to work 75+ hour work weeks? These complaints seem to me these are over privileged kids that never had to hold a job and at least we gave them a chance.

Our customer support and service is held at such high levels that I have trouble interacting with other companies at time… whether it be the dry cleaners, the local restaurant, the dentist office, etc. I hold everyone else to our high standards and it is tough sometimes. Customers come first, every company should think this way, as we know without the customer we employees do not have a reason to get up in the morning. I have the best job in the world, I work with the folks who have pushed the limits of capitalism and have succeeded… for that I am grateful. If these complainers have time to sit around and type negative thoughts about us then maybe no other firm found a reason to hire them so their leaving our company was likely a blessing in disguise. Fisher Investments is a GREAT place to work!

Cons

Not a place for all.

229 Other Employee Reviews for Fisher Investments (View Most Recent)

Educational

I have been working at Fisher Investments as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I have only been with the company for slightly less than a year and I have been provided with a great internal education on fiancé and company outlooks.

Cons

None that I can see right now. Could be due to limited time with company, as well as limited outside exposure within in the same industry.

Fisher is not a company, its a hive!

Former Employee - Senior Ae in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Ae in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Its a great place to 'used to work at'! You get to live in California if you work here.

Cons

Complete squelching of individual thought and creativity. Management that is hostile to the individual and drains the spirit of its employees. Virtually no upward mobility.

Clean house and change the culture to one that encourages individual thought, and promotes 'out of the box' thinking. Do you ever wonder why your performance has dramatically lagged every major benchmark? You are not leveraging the intellectual capital you have at your fingertips!

There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments