bad company, wouldnt reccomend.

Current Employee - Sales Operations  in  Camas, WA
Current Employee - Sales Operations in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

low salary, terrible managers, easy to get, no qualifications.

Cons

great location, friendly customers, good eateries nearby.

the location isn't ideal

Other Reviews for Fisher Investments

terrible experience

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Camas, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Camas, WA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

money, people who work there, location

Cons

basically everything else. the way they recruit people is quite misleading, don't get sucked in and make a mistake. make sure you know exactly what you're getting into.

Unprofessional Work Environment

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Camas, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Camas, WA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Grants experience to those who recently obtain a college degree

Relatively nice and talented co-workers

Cons

Weak middle management; weaker senior management

Unprofessional

Highly secretive

Extremely low morale

Fearful work environment

I worked at Fisher Investments for nearly 5 years. While with the company; I worked as an Account Executive and Client Service Associate. Rather than comment on the positions themselves; I would like to comment on the consistently poor managerial skills, unprofessional work environment, and the highly secretive nature of the firm.

Middle management does their best given senior management’s approach to employees. It is irrefutable that the company does not value its workforce and chooses to instill fear into employees rather than use more effective forms of management such as motivation and team building. Middle management comes across as tight lipped and hesitant when questions are asked. Considering that FI employs relatively younger people, gossip runs rampant throughout the firm. The combination of a fearful work environment and heavy gossip leads to an undeniable sense of low morale throughout the company. It is not farfetched to claim that most employees literally look miserable while at their desks.

Though Fisher Investments' HR department is run extremely tight, they still seem to overlook the incredulously unprofessional work environment (particularly in the sales department). In the sales department in the WA office, fellow colleagues, managers, and trainers participate in the following on a near daily basis: curse, tell distasteful jokes, and inappropriately comment on co-workers of the opposite gender. I frequently felt extremely uncomfortable. In hindsight, this is very much so a quintessential hostile work environment.

As previously touched upon, the HR department has the massive task of ensuring that Fisher Investments looks reputable in the eyes of the general public. I would not be surprised if this review is deleted although it is upmost honesty about my experience. Word to the wise: Fisher Investments will NOT provide nor allow references to be given and will NOT verify that a former employee is re-hirable. An HR representative had the audacity to not even provide a telephone number to my current employer. This is a shining example that reinforces the claim that FI does not respect its current nor former workforce. Secretiveness is a common thread woven throughout the departments. Whether it’s in regard to answering direct questions about performance, challenging unprofessionalism, or extracting factual information from the HR department; everything is kept well hidden. My question is: why? A company that doesn’t have anything to hide simply won’t.

There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments.

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!