Fisher Investments

www.fisherinvestments.com
  www.fisherinvestments.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments

Straight facts - good company, good experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Fisher Investments

Pros

Good pay. Good hours. Lots of chances to be move up or around to other places in the company. Employees are generally smart and motivated. You can learn a lot by doing, but also from your team members. You are responsible for a lot from day one. Fast paced atmosphere.

Cons

Fast paced, no day is the same. It’s money management so there can be a lot of stress because what the company does is important to its clients. Don’t expect stuff to just be handed to you. You have to prove yourself. But then again if you do, you are recognized for it.

Mgmt structure is pretty flat so you get a lot of face time with upper management. I find that to be a positive, but could be a drawback for some who prefer not being held responsible for their decisions.

224 Other Employee Reviews for Fisher Investments (View Most Recent)

Treated like children

I have been working at Fisher Investments

Pros

Benefits package is very good, you aren't expected to work any more than your standard 10 hour day, and it's a relatively low stress environment.

Cons

Expect to work a 10 hour day regardless of how much actual work there is to be done. Learn to deal with the restricted internet access (you're pretty much allowed news sites, and forget about Google), with management pre-approval for all outgoing emails (even internal emails are monitored), and generally invasive privacy policies and you'll be fine. Pretty much every decision of any import is made at the top, making the relatively "flat" management structure entirely superflous. What's the point of having 3 levels of management between associates and Ken if none of them are allowed to make even basic decisions? Very secretive environment, which is especially tricky since absolutely no one other than Ken has an office, so be prepared for a lot of whispering.

Give people more autonomy, stop reading their emails, and generally start treating people like adults. People tend to live up (or down) to your expectations of them.

Highly recommended

I have been working at Fisher Investments

Pros

I came to this company not out of college but from another job in the same general field. My experience is that Fisher Investments has very competitive pay and benefits if not better to other money management type of companies.

It’s a good place for the motivated. They put a premium on “innovation” and welcome ideas and input from anyone from anything on internal process to ideas to make what we offer to clients better.

There’s room to grow within the company either within your own area of expertise, or in another area if you so choose to try a different area.

While the company has a “competitive” environment in many ways, there’s also a strong team environment.

There’s a very strong alignment between what’s best for the clients and what’s best for the company.

Cons

The company is goal oriented and you are expected to be competitive. I can see how people who don’t want to work in a competitive environment could get burned out. But that may be more of an issue of the industry overall not being a good fit. From what I’ve seen of people who decide to leave, they mostly leave to work in another industry. But if you are interested in money management, you must have a competitive streak, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

In the industry it has been a challenging two years and I’m happy that overall the company has come through and made some interesting and unique changes to how we serve our clients. From what I see from other firms, service to clients gets cut during the lean times, which is the exact opposite to what happened here.

There are newer employer reviews for Fisher Investments