Fisher Investments

www.fisherinvestments.com

A very disappointing experience

Client Service Associate (Current Employee) Camas, WA

ProsGreat benefits 401K, health plan, dental and visual. The pay is okay for the work you do as a CSA but low for the industry.

The company is growing at a very fast rate. It is very willing to try new test and experiments to become a better company. There are a lot of job of lateral opportunities within the firm. Very client focused. I heard it is not so bad outside sales and client service departments. They are trying to get better and the company is full of young people.

ConsI did not believe the reviews when I first applied for Fisher Investments. Please believe me when I say they are very true. Stay away from CSA or sales. Turnover is very large for a reason.

The culture is all about extreme micromanagement, secrets and lack of privacy. I learned to be successful in the role once I learned how to be scared and micromanaged by many people in the department.

Although management will publicly states they care about their employees their actions do not back up their words. During my time as a CSA, I was thrown under the bus multiple times, forced to point fingers, got yelled at multiple times, had to argue with Investment Councilors ( every day) and had threats directed towards me. I set up multiple meetings with my manager to discuss this information but they made it seem like it was my fault or I was not pushing hard enough. A manager can manage without experiencing the role in the past. All the dark water goes to the bottom. It is always the CSAs fault. It was not until my third manager in 6 months that I felt someone wanted to help me be successful and wanted to collaborate with me to help our clients.

PTO: You are forced to take PTO for any time you are away from your desk. I pulled aside for a quick meeting with my manager because it became an issue that I was 3 minutes late to my desk. She later announced in our team meeting to submit PTO if we were away from our desk for more than 5 minutes. You will not get any sick days and you will be expected to work during a holiday.

Job Description: this was the true deal breaker for me. Fisher Investments will try to sell you the CSA role as an Investment Associate role. They will be very vague about the job description during the interview process and they will even mislead you to believe you will learn about investments. My day to day work consisted of filling out paperwork, creating cover letters, and sending out correspondence. All your work will be checked by your mentor, your manager, the investment councilor and the review team before it goes out to the client. You do not need a college degree to do the work of a CSA. Your performance statistics will be affected if a fax does not go through or if you forgot a period on a document. CSAs live in daily fear of making a small mistake like not checking off a box. You are more or less a glorified secretary but less trusted than one. Although the company works will securities and investments a CSA will rarely ever learn or hear anything about stocks, finance, economics, the market or how the company picks out securities. You will be expected to spend almost 2 years of your life filling out paperwork before you move to another department.

Compensation: low for the industry. Although it was more of a personal experience they lied about bonus percentage during the interview and while I was working.

Location: remote location. Most people live in Vancouver WA but its just a bunch of poor suburbs. Winter weather is horrible. You wont see the sun for 2 weeks at a time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not just focus on the clients. Focus on your employees and the effect this aggressive culture has on them. The culture needs to become constructive and collaborative. Support and trust your employees not punish them.

Fairness in an unfair world

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fisher is a relatively good place to work. They believe that a career is based on relative experience and not $100K in student debt. That… Cons: - Lack of adequate vacation/sick days - Lack of internet access (trust your employees already, will ya?) - Red… Advice to Senior Management: You've achieved a very advantageous position in the market through past success but you must realize that the tricks used in the past will not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Prison

Finance (Former Employee) Woodside, CA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros: Absolutely nothing. Waste of time. Cons: Everything. The Woodside location is a joke. If you manage to make it to work without dying or crashing then you have to look for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Fisher Investments.

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!