There are newer employer reviews for Fitbit

Exciting product, young team, great founders

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fitbit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fitbit products have a near cult like following, and it really is an amazing hardware product. Young team, lots of flexibility to do what you want. Great enthusiasm, and the nicest people I've ever worked with.

Cons

Hard to get decent engineers, so a lot of the sw eng team is imported from offshore. Product team is incompetent and refuses to hire good talent.

Keep up the great work!

21 Other Employee Reviews for Fitbit (View Most Recent)

Software Engineering Internship

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fitbit part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-great company culture - happy hour every friday, fun people, no hierarchy in company structure; easy to communicate across teams
    -as an intern, was able to work on meaningful projects as a member of the site engineering team - felt very much like a part of the team by the end of the summer
    -awesome work being done

Cons

-not much to say here; really enjoyed working at fitbit and the people i had a chance to meet

Love my job and the people I work with

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been working here for close to 2 years and my experience has been that people are trying hard to make a great product but without a lot of politics and drama - at least in the teams I interact with. We try to hire people that are easy to work with and good communicators and it helps a lot. I've been in many engineering teams where they would hire smart but hard-to-work with engineers instead of building good teams, and I much prefer this.
    Benefits are always relative - there are nice office perks snacks, some free lunches and a happy hour at the office, but more importantly the pay is great, and hours are reasonable.

Cons

From these reviews it sounds like some teams do not have the experience that I've had, which is concerning. My personal experience has been very positive.

Figure out what is happening in the teams that are unhappy - it hurts morale and is probably hurting our ability to hire good talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Fitbit