Fitbit

www.fitbit.com

Cool company but poor middle management and little room for growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat coworkers and really cool products that help people. Company used to encourage collaboration and taking ownership of projects which sparked leadership and the excitement to learn.

ConsWith new management many of the company's pros are no longer considered acceptable. New ideas, suggestions, and taking leadership are now either discouraged or ignored. Those who express strong leadership are often treated with disrespect and/or micromanaged. In addition, expressing ambition to grow with the company is now seen as overly ambitious.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to seek out and discuss potential career paths within the company. Assist them in working toward new roles with more responsibility if they express interest in growing. Allow and encourage employees to voice suggestions and opinions so teams can collaborate on projects and work processes. Provide direction when working on projects but avoid micromanaging employees who are consistently dependable.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Fun job with good people

Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for less than a year

Pros: * Wonderful group of people to work with in firmware. It is like a team of the top people you'd find if you were working… Cons: * Seems like there's always more work to do. This may or may not be a bad… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Take a vision and run… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great location but company poorly managed

Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for less than a year

Pros: Cool product. Nice people. Cons: Operationally dysfunctional and lack of exec leadership. Bringing in… Advice to Senior Management: If you are going to hire and build a team,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fitbit.

Worked for Fitbit? Contribute to the Community!