Five Guys Burgers & Fries

www.fiveguys.com

Managment does not respect their employees.

Crew Member (Former Employee) Nashua, NH

Pros- Easy to scedule days off.
-Ability to get Secret Shopper bonuses (when a person comes in as a shopper and evaluates the store and the quality. You have to get a 100% on both a lunch shop and a dinner shop to get the bonus. Since the secret shopper takes points off for just about anything, this makes these bonuses few and far between)
-You get free food on your breaks (however given that everything on the menu is loaded with fat, this will eventually become a bad thing.

Cons-Managment treats you like machines instead of actual people. When you are on the line you do ten things at once and have to do it perfectly while getting the order out in seven minutes. They also expect you to do twelve hour shifts, from 8am-8pm. They seem to think you are an burger making automaton rather than a human being.
- If you screw up on one Secret Shop, then you will be put on call. On call is being fired under a different name. Five Guys doesn't outright fire employees since that means they will have to pay them unemployment benefits, so they instead put you on call, which means that they no longer scedule you. Ever since we got a new general manager they have been putting good employees on call just for one mistake. On avaerage, they put two people on call each week.
-You have to bug managment in order to get a raise. I got my only raise after working there for ten monthes.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should actually respect their employees and not treat them like machines. If they actually cared about their workers then they wouldn't get such a high employee turnover rate.

Watch out for the Mystery Shop.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) York, PA

I have been working at Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Pros: You get free burgers and fries and its not a totally miserable place to work. The whole operation has a… Cons: It is a franchise so you're not working for a big corporation that… Advice to Senior Management: Take good care of your employees. They are the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Job

Cashier (Current Employee) Miami, FL

I have been working at Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Pros: Its a fun place to work and the pay is… Cons: Food is free and unhealthy, not a good combination. Advice to Senior Management: Good job Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Worked for Five Guys Burgers & Fries? Contribute to the Community!