Five Star Quality Care

There are newer employer reviews for Five Star Quality Care

www.fivestarqualitycare.com

Former Employee - Nurse in Frederick, MD
Former Employee - Nurse in Frederick, MD

I worked at Five Star Quality Care part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The residents are the positive.

Cons

Salary is low, and their orientation procedure is very poor.

A procedure manual ( not policy manual they have one of those), and to follow their own policies.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Five Star Quality Care (View Most Recent)

arbitration opt out

Former Employee - Prn Maintenance Worker in Auburn, AL
    Former Employee - Prn Maintenance Worker in Auburn, AL

I worked at Five Star Quality Care as an intern (more than 8 years)

Pros

what??? they were very inteminadating from the start. had to see the exective director to get the forms. she did not have them . had to send the form by certified mail return receipt requested. the most expensive way.

Cons

I elected to opt out of the arbitration plan, hand out said no negitative effect on employment. I WAS FIRED. the hand out said questions could be directed to local managment or human recources from whom i got no information. human rescurces was very curt.

I wonder how many opt outs were fired?

Why so much turnover?!

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Newton, MA

I worked at Five Star Quality Care

Pros

Ability to take time off. 99% employees are in the same boat as you so fell good about that. Location of head quarters is easy to get to.

Cons

I have been working here for a few years. My salary and bonuses have been well below desirable but stuck with the company because co-workers were fun to be around. Thinking each year my raise % would increase, I held on to that one last glimmer of hope to be disappointed yet again.

Constant turnover is this company MO and speaks for itself. Bad management and constant negative reparations for the little things overshadow hard work and dedication! Say "Good Job!" once and awhile.

Lack of motivation and incentive plans are killing this company from within. Create a program that people work to achieve and reward them for it. Not that difficult of a business model.

Senior Management are only interested in the dollars and cents while employees pick up the slack of understaffing face the brunt of the increased work load. Way to Motivate! I here that the local colleges have some business 101 courses still available.

BTW - It cost more to hire and train new employees then it is to pay them that bonus they deserve.

Instead Five Star loses hard working experienced employees to higher paying and more gratifying jobs. creating an undesirable tense work atmosphere.

This is one of the lowest paying corporate jobs around. Benefits are terrible and have one of the worst health care plans around and no options.

Think to yourself before applying or as an employee, "why do I still go to this job everyday." If you can't answer that within the time you finish reading this FIND SOMETHING ELSE!

Where to begin - Employee incentive programs are needed to make this company bearable to work at. This would create less turnover and a more competitive environment. No one has the balls to tell you that you are doing a lackluster job but open your eyes to the imminent consequences you are overseeing because this wound will not just fix itself.

Take that bonus / company stock option and give it to those employees that bust their humps day in and out to make this company what it is.

Rating - D+ (Only helping out share holders)

There are newer employer reviews for Five Star Quality Care