Five Star Quality Care

www.fivestarseniorliving.com
  www.fivestarseniorliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Five Star Quality Care

Two-faced, non-training, sexual discriminatory to male workers, and no activities for residents

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Newton, MA
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Newton, MA

I worked at Five Star Quality Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Residents were the only thing good.

Cons

Poorly staffed, workers always unhappy with pay, no activities for residents, food subpar, residents never given what they were "promised" when their asses were kissed and butt scratched to get the many thousands of dollars for admittance. Few select families absolutely unreal in demands for Granny. Men make good administrators but that's all. Hey, why pay a man when we can pay a woman 10,000 less and be able to intimidate them easily! Left there after HR idiot defimated my character and accepted the lies of lower staffed employees. Had to get an act of congress to fire a C N A that stole things, but when they got a chance to cut a hard workers pay, in order to then be able to hire someone for thousands less, they jumped on it.

Get over yourselves, start using some of those extremely large Bonuses you get, to help your staff out. You know, the ones that make those big bonus checks possible! and, try doing a little real work for a change. Maybe you'll actually remember how it was to have a real life and you might even find you feel good about what you're doing, and not just ripping the old folks off.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Five Star Quality Care (View Most Recent)

Night Chef

Current Employee - Chef- Cook in Kingston, PA
    Current Employee - Chef- Cook in Kingston, PA

I have been working at Five Star Quality Care part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very friendly "Local" manger, on site. I love working with the Staff, & the residents are wonderful. They deserve better then 5 Star gives them.

Cons

However, other then that, the kitchen is under-staffed. Along with every-other department on the facility. Its a 5 star trait... Under-staff, & who cares if someone dies because of it (2 people have so far.. that I know of) Food bought, as of recently, is substandard garbage (i.e. a new source for our bread, & its the worst bread ever (i.e. Dry, No taste, etc). Resident's complain, but according to the Kitchen Manager, he/she has no choice, but to buy bread from where 5 Star orders us to buy from.. Wholesale Food, at retail inflated prices. Would you pay over $3 for a loaf of dry, no tasting, bread? When

5 star will not allow anyone there to work over 32 hours. No Full Time (Except for a few select positions). They require you to take a 1/2 hr, unpaid break.. Since they under-staff, & its hard to keep up with your work as it is, when your break time comes up (whether you continue working, or take your break, & go back early), they expect you to work for that time, Off the clock. I don't wan to get to specific, because I'm still working there (But giving my notice soon), & I don't want anyone to figure out which facility I'm speaking off, but Kitchen staff for Breakfast, & Lunch (1st Shift), is full staffed, with dish-washers, servers (we have a dining environment, where a server takes orders, & brings it to the chef). Runners to take trays to the other buildings where advanced, intermediate, buildings are, people to take garbage out, & Clean up. At night, for super.. 5 Star thinks, "1 chef" is enough person, to do all there is to do to, get ready for, serve, & clean up supper. Not to mention clean up, do dishes, take out garbage, etc.. Do it all by themselves, & then be clocked out on time. Well, IT'S just NOT possible! Recently, they added more duties to the night Chef's, but did they add pay? Right... Pigs will fly first.

Start actually doing what you advertise you do.. "Care about your residents", & spend a little money on Good Quality food, & Good Quality Employees (I mean more of them). The way your company is run now, I'd never put my relatives in one of your facilities. You put lives at risk, because of your penny pinching. I wish I could stay, because I've made friends with Residents, & Staff, but the stress of, Not being able to cook quality food, that taste good, because you mandate buying the cheapest supplies, from the rottenest place

over worked and underpaid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Five Star Quality Care full-time

Pros

residents are wonderful. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful, The food they make is awesome and with a really great selection on the menu.

Cons

Very over worked. They do not have enough staff to cover the residents properly. This leads to injuries to workers and potentially the residents. Also when residents push their call lights they can sometimes wait 20 minutes because there is not enough staff to cover.

Treat the workers you do have with respect. Put yourself on the floor a couple of nights with the staffing you have and see how hard it is and how much it affects the residents

There are newer employer reviews for Five Star Quality Care