Five Star
www.fivestarqualitycare.com Newton, MA 5000+ Employees

Two-faced, non-training, sexual discriminatory to male workers, and no activities for residents

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
Newton, MA

I worked at Five Star full-time for more than a year

ProsResidents were the only thing good.

ConsPoorly staffed, workers always unhappy with pay, no activities for residents, food subpar, residents never given what they were "promised" when their asses were kissed and butt scratched to get the many thousands of dollars for admittance. Few select families absolutely unreal in demands for Granny. Men make good administrators but that's all. Hey, why pay a man when we can pay a woman 10,000 less and be able to intimidate them easily! Left there after HR idiot defimated my character and accepted the lies of lower staffed employees. Had to get an act of congress to fire a C N A that stole things, but when they got a chance to cut a hard workers pay, in order to then be able to hire someone for thousands less, they jumped on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over yourselves, start using some of those extremely large Bonuses you get, to help your staff out. You know, the ones that make those big bonus checks possible! and, try doing a little real work for a change. Maybe you'll actually remember how it was to have a real life and you might even find you feel good about what you're doing, and not just ripping the old folks off.

Night Chef

Chef- Cook (Current Employee)
Kingston, PA

I have been working at Five Star part-time for more than a year

Pros: Very friendly "Local" manger, on site. I love working with the Staff,… Cons: However, other then that, the kitchen is under-staffed. Along with every-other department on the facility. Its a 5 star trait... Under-staff, & who cares if… Advice to Senior Management: Start actually doing what you advertise you do.. "Care about your residents", & spend a little money on Good Quality food, & Good Quality Employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

over worked and underpaid

Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Five Star full-time

Pros: residents are wonderful. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful, The… Cons: Very over worked. They do not have enough staff to cover the residents properly. This leads to injuries to workers and potentially… Advice to Senior Management: Treat the workers you do have with respect. Put yourself on the floor a couple of nights… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Five Star.

Worked for Five Star? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Five Star reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Five Star CEO Bruce J. Mackey Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Five Star employees.