Five Star Senior Living

Engaged Employer

Fantastic

Former Employee - Executive Director
Former Employee - Executive Director

I worked at Five Star Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

RDO was amazing, since he had been an ED himself, he knew the challenges of what it takes to run a building. The CEO and corporate folks were top notch. The great thing about Five Star, is that if you perform and work hard-you will be rewarded. They stand behind you. They really do "put people first." I would work for them again in a heartbeat.

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You are leaps and bounds ahead of other Senior Living companies, this I know form experience.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Working for Five Star has not been a positive experience

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Five Star Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My Regional Director of Operations is fantastic to work for, encouraging, informative and realistic. He/She can be counted on to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Cons

Corporate Office is constantly adding more work/responsibilities and neverr gives more help to get it all done. There is no coordination or thought given to how all demands can be completed WHILE getting your work of caring for seniors done. Health Care Benefits are poor. PTO is inadequate and then one day per year is taken away so that the corporation can increase profit margins. NO PAID HOLIDAYS.. Company has programs in place to "appreciate" hourly workers but does nothing for management teams. Raises have been kept under 21/2% for 3 years !

Advice to Management

Read your Mission Statement where it says "We put people first" and start doing it. The employees in your communities are the backbone of Five Star, Stop breaking their backs and start giving them massages!!

2. Solid place to start but not the long term thing

I have been working at Five Star Senior Living

Pros

Culture is fine. Always busy. Great work/home balance. Solid middle management.

Cons

No room to move up. Pay is below average. Benefits below average. Work is repetitive. Unless you are management not worth staying.

Advice to Management

Improve benefits and pay.